Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched long and far but could not come up with a way to have my fog lights on all the time, with the DRL and headlights at night. I'm not liking that it's a manual process to turn them on and off.

Do I need to change the switch - has anyone done this?

2019 SE with Tech

·
Registered
7 Posts
your lights selector switch, which is on left lower side of dashboard, have additional position of being pulled out. Probably currently it's just pulled out. Try to push it in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
From Manual

Fog lights (if equipped)
The indicator light
m/k/v008MK
in the headlight switch shows that the fog lights are switched on.
  • To switch on the fog lights
    m/k/v008MK
    : first turn the light switch to position
    m/k/v028MK
    m/k/v048MK
    m/k/v047MK
    m/k/v042MK
    m/k/v007MK
    or
    m/k/v004MK
    , then pull the light switch out to the detent.
  • To switch off the fog lights, push the switch back in. To then turn off the headlights, turn the switch to position
    m/k/v042MK

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you turn the switch to AUTO as listed above, and pull out on the knob, this will turn on your fogs PERMANENTLY. During daylight, your DRLs and Fogs will be ON. At night, the headlights will come on automatically.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I pull out the knob - My headlights and fogs come on day and night with no DRLs. Is this not the same on yours? I have a 2019 SE with Tech

·
Registered
124 Posts
I guess I never looked, I just assumed that in Auto mode with the switch pulled out, that the fogs would be on and the headlights would only come on when the light level dropped low enough. It seems like you might be right that if you turn on the fogs in the Auto setting, that the headlights will stay on regardless. That makes no sense. It "should" operate the way I described it. I wonder if there's a way to code it in OBDeleven or VCDS to operate that way. I bet there is....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts