Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Atlas Crossport SE (Tourmaline Blue) - R-Line Wheels
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in my 2021 Atlas Cross Sport when I'm on the highway driving 65+ MPH, I can consistently and constantly hear what sounds like plastic flapping noises coming from the rear trunk area. I took into VW service 4 times for them to finally have the service manager do a ride-along in the back seat and determine that it was both sides of the cabin pressure relief valve flapping. They opened a case with VW HQ and are waiting for a response. They claimed to have heard the same sound in the same scenario from 2 other vehicles of the same year and model, so they are leaning towards the vehicle working as designed. I personally don't buy it :mad:. There is no way that the car is designed to have those valves constantly flapping on a road trip. The sales guy even tried to make a joke "I guess you should try driving slower, ha ha ha :cautious:" It definitely seems like a defect to me. I haven't tried to reproduce the sound myself by test driving other Atlas', but wanted to bring this to the forum to get your thoughts and experiences on the issue. I appreciate your responses in advance! :D

·
Registered
2021 VW Atlas Cross Sport SE 3.6L V6 W/Technology
3 Posts
I have this exact same problem. I assumed it was the tire jack or the handle, loose or wobbling in the trunk so I moved the handle somewhere a little tighter. no difference. then I thought it was the vacuum I keep in my backseat area. moved it no difference. I have the same model as you, 2021 SE 3.6L V6. its a subtle noise that drives me crazy if I don't have music playing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have this exact same problem. I assumed it was the tire jack or the handle, loose or wobbling in the trunk so I moved the handle somewhere a little tighter. no difference. then I thought it was the vacuum I keep in my backseat area. moved it no difference. I have the same model as you, 2021 SE 3.6L V6. its a subtle noise that drives me crazy if I don't have music playing.
Thank you Soooooooo much!!! I’m going to keep fighting this. I tried test driving another Atlas and I couldn’t reproduce the noise. But now after your story it does seem like a known common defect. I think it’s time to upgrade my speaker system and just constantly have music on.

·
Registered
2021 VW Atlas Cross Sport SE 3.6L V6 W/Technology
3 Posts
Did you test drive the same model or just another atlas CS? Because it could very well be limited to just the V6 models, SE V6 w/tech models etc. you know what I mean. Also, did you test drive it on the highway or on city streets? I mainly experience it on the highway while cruising over 55mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you test drive the same model or just another atlas CS? Because it could very well be limited to just the V6 models, SE V6 w/tech models etc. you know what I mean. Also, did you test drive it on the highway or on city streets? I mainly experience it on the highway while cruising over 55mph.
I test drove the same model, but I have the turbo not the V6. So it’s good to know that the issue crosses over models to the V6. Something I can mention.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts