Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my fellow atlas enthusiasts. I have a 2022 white VW atlas se w tech black wheel package. I have an issue that recently happened this weekend. Has anyone experienced the Fault: Automatic Headlights? I noticed that when I have the headlights on auto mode the headlights are on even if it’s sunny out. Would this trigger a check engine light? Or light check light? Note: I did have my windshield replaced this weekend from Safelite with a OEM replacement. The installation and calibration took about 3.5 hours. I’m thinking the calibration process wasn’t done correctly? Has anyone experienced this similar issue?
Gadget Font Display device Electronic device Electric blue

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: took the atlas for a check engine issue and asked to check the fault : automatic headlight issue as well. I was slapped with a $149 diagnostic fee for the headlight issue ( since it wasn’t a VW issue). VW stated I had the windshield installed by an outside source and the issue that’s causing the faulty auto headlights is caused by whoever installed the windshield. One of the connectors that’s connected to the windshield apparently was bent and is causing the fault headlight issue. So I called Safelite and filed a claim they stated nothing on their notes states the car had to be recalibrated since my trim didn’t not need to. They said they are willing to take a look at the car but know for a fact it wasn’t their fault. I’ll keep you guys posted on the coming days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts