Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Own a 2018 SE w/ Tech. Don't understand the erratic behavior of the driver's memory seat. My wife and I both drive the car. We use different keys and have personalized each so that when it unlocks the car, the seat moves to its saved setting. The problem is that the seat doesn't always change as it should, so we have to push the button on the side of the seat to get it to work. And sometimes, upon getting back in the car after I've just driven it, the seat will move to my wife's position. Can anyone explain what's going on?

·
Super Moderator
574 Posts
Do you ever drive with the other's key but set the driver profile manually to the other person's i.e. I drive the Atlas but we use my wife's key and after I start it (with her key) I set the profile to mine. I have had some issues here as well and sometimes have to set it up again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've noticed this, though not in the same manner. For starters, make sure you lock the truck every time you get out. Otherwise, when you come back in, it doesn't care what key you're using. Second, always use only the Profile switcher from the head unit --> CAR settings to change the profiles or else any other changing of the seat position will persist on the profile.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know what's going on but mine has done the same thing. Much of it has to do with if you exit and lock the car, use the fob to open, etc., but as the only driver using the same key fob all the time, mine would tilt up a little and slide forward an inch...forcing me to move the seat all the time. Very frustrating.

In the end, I just went into the menu and turned off "Personalization" so it doesn't do it anymore, which is fine. It seems entirely too complicated and over-engineered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts