Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, just got told the diagnosis on our 1 month old 2021.5 Atlas is one bad fuel injector. I'm shocked they aren't changing all of them, but if another one goes out, you can bet I'll be asking for all of them to be changed as now I wonder if our vehicle was part of the "bad batch" that has been discussed. We should get it back by this Friday and will see how it goes from there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am glad that the dealer swapped the engine and made it right for you. You hear all the bad stuff on this forums, and it makes it seem like the problems are everywhere, but they sell a lot more Atlas than there are forum members, so there is a bunch of people driving out there that are not posting here.

BTW, my 2021.5 so far has been pretty good. I've had a couple little quirks with the radio, but nothing a "reboot" didn't fix.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well 1 month since the bad fuel injector was fixed. I was told by the dealership that they will only replace them if they are indeed found to be faulty, even though they KNOW that there was a bad batch out there. So now I worry and wait to see if I have other faulty ones or just that one. I am still not planning any long road trips until at least many months from now because I want to be sure this doesn't happen again. I love our Atlas, even though gas mileage isn't so great (bring back Trump gas prices!), but more concerned about long-term reliability still. We shall see.....

41 - 43 of 43 Posts