Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Really? I am glad that your problem got fixed, but I would find another dealership. IMO, a lot of unnecessary work and bo conclusion.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Really? I am glad that your problem got fixed, but I would find another dealership. IMO, a lot of unnecessary work and bo conclusion.
Easier said than done, live in rural Pa, next VW dealership is about 100 miles away

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
True by when something is intermittent sometimes it can be hard to find. I understand that. They treated me good. Gave me a new loaner every time. The dealer was great in how they handled it. It just took time to find the problem

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have never been so disappointed in a vehicle before as I am with my 2019 Atlas. I have a 2019 Atlas Sel 4 motion premium with all the bells and whistles. Can’t seem to keep it out of service center. EPC light has now come on for the 6th time within about 10 months. First time they said radiator was low at about 7,000 miles. Filled with fluid and sent us on our way. About 1000 miles later EPC light back on, this time I am told head gasket needs replaced. Car tied up for several weeks. Get car back seems ok. About 2500 miles later EPC light back on. This time told sensor out of adjustment. About another 1000 miles and car back in service center, EPC light back on. Ran system checks said nothing wrong light is out. About another 2000 miles EPC light back on. This time car in for service about 3 weeks. Told problems with something in transmission. Had VW regional rep involved. Pick car up. About another 1000 miles and dam EPC light back on. my wife has had it with this vehicle. It can’t be trusted. Started looking for a replacement vehicle today, and no it will not be a VW. What a piece of junk this Atlas Is.
What about implementing lemon law as an issue?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well, good news, so far. No EPC light coming on. It’s been several months now and no light. So have to say it seems problem is finally fix. The problem was the missing ring on cam, which they never found. after replacing the engine the Atlas has been running flawless, it is a very roomy vehicle and a pleasure to take on trips now.

·
Super Moderator
1,010 Posts
Well, good news, so far. No EPC light coming on. It’s been several months now and no light. So have to say it seems problem is finally fix. The problem was the missing ring on cam, which they never found. after replacing the engine the Atlas has been running flawless, it is a very roomy vehicle and a pleasure to take on trips now.
So piece of junk or not a piece of junk?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
well as of now, after having head gasket replaced, work on transmission, 7 trips to dealer ship over about 8 months, and last having to have engine replaced, only time will tell. Like the car, it’s one of the easiest for me to get in and out of being 6’4” and weighing 260.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i cant believe all the trouble you had with the car.
I am very concerned about taking delivery to my new 2021 Cross Sport, V6, Premium, SEL, R Line.
I have been waiting almost six months since ordering that car.
Trading in a 2014 VW Touareg that has never given me a days worth of problems.
Talk to you soon.

Alan

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
i cant believe all the trouble you had with the car.
I am very concerned about taking delivery to my new 2021 Cross Sport, V6, Premium, SEL, R Line.
I have been waiting almost six months since ordering that car.
Trading in a 2014 VW Touareg that has never given me a days worth of problems.
Talk to you soon.

Alan
Would I buy another atlas or VW if I had chance, yes. With the way they back the car all the way to replacing the engine, yes I would definitely buy another

·
Registered
1 Posts
I came across this post because this happened to me today in my 2021 CS premium RLine. I got on the highway and floored the gas as I was getting on, it stalled before it switched gears at around 50mph, I put it in neutral and let it roll to the over to the shoulder. While it was it neutral the rpms seems to go all the way up, but when in drive it didn't pass 2000 rpms. I turned the car completely off, started the engine and it was fine. The car has 2000 miles on it and I've owned it for 2 months.

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE V6 /Towing package
28 Posts
Your description indicates the possibility to pursue this as a "lemon law" for your state. You will need to check your state's requirements - typically it's a total time out of service with a time window (1 year etc.) OR X amount of times in for the same problem (3 times for coolant leak for instance). Be careful; this isn't often easy to meet as each time you go may be categorized differently by the dealer. Some have had success threatening lemon law with VWoA to get them to start a buy-back. Ok, now onto your issues:

2x for coolant leak (know issues) - fixed with head gasket

What sensor was out of adjustment? fixed?

What was wrong with the transmission? fixed?

Each time you get an CEL, you should have a code/codes - important to see what those are and they should be listed on the work orders.

What is the current CEL for?

I can understand the frustration - but the reality is they will try to fix the car before they buy you out. Based on what you've said, you should meet the out of service requirement for your state's lemon law easily.
I've had the CEL light and the Crash Light come on without leaving codes. The most recent one was the check engine light that told me the engine was shutting down and get to a safe place off of the road...it did not leave a code in the computer. Evidently, the computer is designed not to save all of these codes? That is really aggravating to me. Thank goodness I was on a country road and the not the expressway!

·
Registered
153 Posts
sounds like a bad wiring harness, when did you get the car, if it was made in March of 20 to August, it could have this problem, VW started using other OEM parts, not VW.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rrs, can you share if all is going well still? We just purchased a 2021.5 Atlas 30 days ago and already getting EPC light and "rough" engine. :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Rrs, can you share if all is going well still? We just purchased a 2021.5 Atlas 30 days ago and already getting EPC light and "rough" engine. :(
Since engine was replaced no more problems, we never had a rough engine, just EPC light kept coming on. Car has been running great since

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not you - the other guy..hahaha
We have yet to be told what the issue is that caused the flashing engine light, steady-on ECP light, and rough engine feel. I did mention that I found a wonderful forum that discussed things like a bad batch of fuel injectors and head gaskets, which the service manager stated could be the issue that it's not really common.
I really wanted this car, even with it's crummy gas mileage, as it checked off every box otherwise. I'll post an update soon

·
Super Moderator
1,010 Posts
We have yet to be told what the issue is that caused the flashing engine light, steady-on ECP light, and rough engine feel. I did mention that I found a wonderful forum that discussed things like a bad batch of fuel injectors and head gaskets, which the service manager stated could be the issue that it's not really common.
I really wanted this car, even with it's crummy gas mileage, as it checked off every box otherwise. I'll post an update soon
So is this running like that now or it was an intermittent thing?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts