Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 Atlas, 6000 miles has started to shut off by itself when put in park. "MESSAGE- engine will shut off automatically to conserve battery" started doing this around 5500 miles but not before. Dealer states they can not duplicate so can't fix it. It doesn't do this all the time. Very frustrating.
Wheel Car Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is your battery voltage?
Good question thank you. I will have to check it. I'm taking it back to the dealership tomorrow. So far they have told me they have never heard of this issue and can't duplicate it.
Makes sense though since the message states it is shutting off to conserve battery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2021 Atlas, 6000 miles has started to shut off by itself when put in park. "MESSAGE- engine will shut off automatically to conserve battery" started doing this around 5500 miles but not before. Dealer states they can not duplicate so can't fix it. It doesn't do this all the time. Very frustrating. View attachment 2648
Mine does the same thing…. I don’t even mind It anymore.
2021 SEL Premium

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine does the same thing…. I don’t even mind It anymore.
2021 SEL Premium
I took it to VW today. They did check the Battery and the voltage was low so they did replace it under warranty. Maybe this will fix it. Fortunately when one of their guys tested it it did shut off when he put it in park.
Time will tell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took it to VW today. They did check the Battery and the voltage was low so they did replace it under warranty. Maybe this will fix it. Fortunately when one of their guys tested it it did shut off when he put it in park.
Time will tell.
My Atlas is the 2021
Time will tell.
My Atlas is also the 2021 Premium.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It could be part of the START STOP FEATURE, You can turn off the start sopt feature. google it on youtube. one thru software settings using a ROSSTECH cable or disconnecting a cable on the battery terminal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, was looking to see if anyone else was having issues with their Atlas shutting off and came across your post. Did VW fix the issue? We’ve had ours for 2 years and it’ll still randomly shut off when the car slows down or is stopped. Doesn’t happen all the time but obviously should not be happening at all. VW can’t recreate the problem so they have no answers. Curious what they did for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, was looking to see if anyone else was having issues with their Atlas shutting off and came across your post. Did VW fix the issue? We’ve had ours for 2 years and it’ll still randomly shut off when the car slows down or is stopped. Doesn’t happen all the time but obviously should not be happening at all. VW can’t recreate the problem so they have no answers. Curious what they did for you.
He said the dealer replaced the battery. Considering his last post is from Feb 2022 and hasn't posted anything recent regarding his problem, I'm going to say the battery was his problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our 2022 did this once pulling up to a gas pump when I put the car in park. Maybe only 1,000 miles on it at that point. We are at 3k miles now and it hasn't done it again.

Start/stop has been disabled with the B2BFAB module since the day we got it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts