Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Can anyone recommend a good Engine Coolant/Antifreeze? I keep seeing the Low Coolant warning pop up, and it's been coming on more often lately.
I know German vehicles have that issue when it's cold outside, but when it starts coming on after driving, it usually means I have to add some more.

Can anyone link me to a good coolant they've been using? There's 100 different kinds and I'm unsure which to get

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check with your dealer. Sometimes coolant is being burned in the engine as opposed to leaking out. Check for leaks If you can’t find any, have the dealer review. If it’s being burned it could foul your catalytic converters.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Everyone

Can anyone recommend a good Engine Coolant/Antifreeze? I keep seeing the Low Coolant warning pop up, and it's been coming on more often lately.
I know German vehicles have that issue when it's cold outside, but when it starts coming on after driving, it usually means I have to add some more.

Can anyone link me to a good coolant they've been using? There's 100 different kinds and I'm unsure which to get
Get it from the dealer, you could cause major damage if you don't use the correct type. I have a similar problem and they only sell gallons of premixed antifreeze so now I have a gallon with 98% antifreeze still in jug, wish they would sell a quart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts