Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VW recommends changing the Atlas engine air filter every 60k or6 years. This was mine compared to a new filter after 7k and one year.

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
It's just a recommendation, your driving conditions dictate when to change it and that's what you check it...looks ready!

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
You can still see light just send it for another 100K.

JK looks time to change would be interesting to know what you drive on most of the time.

·
264 Posts
Thanks for sharing foothillfanatic ;)

I've just got into the habit living in the desert of checking more often, just think of the Gas & Go people :sleep:

·
Registered
4 Posts
When we bought our Atlas in October, the first thing I did was purchase a K&N Filter on Amazon and installed it. Much more robust filter. You will get roughly 50K miles out of before you have to wash it, retreat it and reinstall it. I think it was $60.

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
When we bought our Atlas in October, the first thing I did was purchase a K&N Filter on Amazon and installed it. Much more robust filter. You will get roughly 50K miles out of before you have to wash it, retreat it and reinstall it. I think it was $60.
Same - had one in since new. Check it every 6 mos. or so, still looks pretty good after 3 years/30K. Should go to the full 50 before washing/re-oiling.

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
Dont make me run out and get my 02 jetta air filter which I think I replaced twice in its 289k life span with plenty more to go.

Reactions: KarstGeo

·
Registered
15 Posts
I been thinking about getting one for the Atlas I purchased two weeks ago but I’m afraid about the warranty and grease on the air filter. This is my first German car and don’t want any problems.

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
I been thinking about getting one for the Atlas I purchased two weeks ago but I’m afraid about the warranty and grease on the air filter. This is my first German car and don’t want any problems.
I've not heard of any issues w/r to MAF or other warranty-related issues b/c you are running a K&N air filter but your car/your risk tolerance. Can also just keep the stockers and drop it in when it goes in for service, takes 5 min.

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE V6 /Towing package
20 Posts
I had my 2019 SE air filter changed at 30,000, and it was filthy. I've been everywhere in Texas driving! North Texas has much more dust and bugs!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts