Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm looking to buy an Atlas in the very near future, and was wondering about a difference in DRL's that I've noticed on Atlas' I've seen driving around town. Some of them only have two DRL's that illuminate under the outer most headlight (normal beam I'm assuming), others I've seen have all four that illuminate under both the inner and outer headlights (normal and high beam I guess). Does anyone know if this is a difference in trim, i.e. SE vs SEL (or SE vs SE w/ Tech, etc), or is this a model year difference, i.e. 2020 vs 2021. I've done research on model differences and year differences but can't seem to find a clear answer. Anyone familiar with this know the answer? And, if I end up with a model or year that only have two that light up, is it possible to activate the other two via an OBD tool like Carista? I went through the list of "examples" on Carista's website but the descriptions are always vague so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2021 SE w/ Tech R Line and we only have the outer “L”s illuminated. I’ve been wondering if it’s a trim thing or if I need to take it in. Based on my limited research of looking through various trim pictures on a couple of dealers websites, it looks like only the SEL and SEL Premium has all 4 light up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just bought a 2021 SE w/ Tech R Line and we only have the outer “L”s illuminated. I’ve been wondering if it’s a trim thing or if I need to take it in. Based on my limited research of looking through various trim pictures on a couple of dealers websites, it looks like only the SEL and SEL Premium has all 4 light up.
yeah, I posted this on another forum and that was the conclusion. A couple of people confirmed that the SEL models come with upgraded headlights that include auto leveling, upgraded LED's, and dual DRL's. I don't see this anywhere on the VW website though, the description of the headlights between SE w/ Tech and SEL (actually all models) is the same. But congrats on your purchase! I went with the same thing and got it home yesterday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts