Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Atlas and recently the doors have decided to re-lock every time I slow to below 10mph and then accelerate (like when I stop at a stop sign, or take a corner). Does anyone know if this is a setting that can be changed or is this (yet another) electrical issue that needs a VW repair facility to repair? Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2019 and it did that last week as well. it happened when the weather was below zero celsius. It was back to normal after the temperature returned to above zero celsius.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2019 and it did that last week as well. it happened when the weather was below zero celsius. It was back to normal after the temperature returned to above zero celsius.
Thank you John for the reply. Any chance you brought it in to a dealer or had any kind of fix? It can’t be that my VW is going to continuously lock all winter long, I’ll go nuts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you John for the reply. Any chance you brought it in to a dealer or had any kind of fix? It can’t be that my VW is going to continuously lock all winter long, I’ll go nuts.
Nope. Didn't take it to a dealer or any mechanic. I agree it was annoying for me, even for just that one day. My wife and kids all heard it as well. If a dealer is near by, I'd suggest you to call and ask them about it. Maybe it's a wiring issue? See what they'll be able to do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2018 Atlas and recently the doors have decided to re-lock every time I slow to below 10mph and then accelerate (like when I stop at a stop sign, or take a corner). Does anyone know if this is a setting that can be changed or is this (yet another) electrical issue that needs a VW repair facility to repair? Thank you.
Are you certain it's speed related? I had a Jetta that, when it got old and tired, would lock and unlock the doors as I turned the steering wheel at low speeds or while stopped. Gather as much info as you can before going to the dealer, it might help if they have a service rep that actually listens to customers. Not all of them do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have a 2018 Atlas that was "relocking" after every complete stop. In addition, the driver's door would not lock, though the other three worked fine. Then, the alarm would go on if I opened the driver's door. Temperatures that day were single digits, so I thought it might have something to do with the cold. To try to keep the car secure, I removed the door lock cover and tried to lock the door with the key. Unfortunately, that did not work.

Sure enough, the next day all of the issues went away. So I'm glad that the problem isn't there any longer, but I'm thinking this may show up again with extreme cold. I don't want to go somewhere and not be able to lock the driver's door.

This sounds like one of those problems that would not exhibit itself if I took it to a repair facility, unless it happened to be a day when the temperatures were low enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts