Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to lock the 2019 atlas with technology while it’s running and not be in the vehicle? For instance if I ran into a convenience store and didn’t want to turn off or whatever?

·
Super Moderator
721 Posts
You mean on the fob? That is by design so yes, normal. You have to do the coding using the tools I mentioned above for that to work.

OBDEleven coding for enable fob with car running:
Adaptation
Control unit: 09 Central Electrics
Name: ZV Allgemein
Values:
Funk bei Klemme 15 ein
Old value: Not Active
New value: Active

·
Super Moderator
721 Posts
When it's open or closed? If you are trying to lock the door with it open that is correct...it won't let you so you don't lock your keys in it. You can only lock it with the key fob.

·
Super Moderator
721 Posts
With the car on, door open the lock button on the door doesn’t work. Door closed and works normal
Yes - yours is working correctly. You can not lock the door when it's open. Many cars are like this to prevent locking your keys in the car. If this is a big hassle for you, I suggest dropping the ~$80 on OBDEleven and coding this as I showed above. www.shopdap.com has them. You will need an Android device; they have a new model out that works with IOS but the functionality is currently limited as I understand it. Worth some research to see if you can "long code" on the IOS version. Get the Pro version as well - you will need this to be able to have full functionality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts