·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might look a little cheesy, but I don't think so. The Atlas isn't the prettiest girl at the dance anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Might look a little cheesy, but I don't think so. The Atlas isn't the prettiest girl at the dance anyway.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and the beauty I behold when I look at my Atlas tells me, for the money, there’s no other girl I’d want to be seen at the dance with.

·
Registered
2019 Atlas S 4Motion VR6
49 Posts
One of the many reasons I made the Atlas choice was for it's looks. Front, side, rear are all great lines IMO. The door handle protection in black might look best on a darker color like yours Barry T, just not sure about the looks on white.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordering through AliExpress is longer but sometimes a third of the cost I have had a good experience using them. I was thinking of getting the (cheesy) black ones and have them sprayed to color match the tourmarine blue exterior. Although I wanted to get some feedback on quality and fit before ordering.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yep, even a pig looks better with some lipstick. :love:

As for my pig, I've been going for all black addons. Ordering some of those door handle protectors. Just installed some carbon fiber door jam protectors. Bday next month so passed on the the wife a link for some cross members that attach to the roof rack (low profile), black of course and about to get all the rear windows/hatch tinted dark with a 30% for front driver/pass windows and dark for the sunroof. It's already got that nice platinum grey body with 20 inch black wheels. But guess it's a bug I got from my Jeep. It's all black, including the wheels and tint. Only thing not black is the crossmembers for the roof rack and trail rated badge. Hard to keep clean so I don't bother LOL.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would really like to do an engine mod, but my wife would kill me. The first thing I thought when I looked under the hood and saw all that space was adding some performance enhancements. 7- 8 second 0 to 60 Is really slow!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would really like to do an engine mod, but my wife would kill me. The first thing I thought when I looked under the hood and saw all that space was adding some performance enhancements. 7- 8 second 0 to 60 Is really slow!
Dude, it's a big fat SUV, why do you want to blow the doors off a Hellcat? This SUV is big and "lanky" and not designed to be the first out of the gate or first to cross the finishline. It's only designed to run out fuel before you get there. ;)

It's peppy enough for this old fart. Heck, I didn't think my 2013 Passat TDi was a dragster, it would get up to 126 (that was the max speed) pretty fast and float like a cloud. On a long haul, that's all that really maters right?

Just ordered my door guards. Got a $4 off coupon so they ended up costing me like 26 and some change.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and the beauty I behold when I look at my Atlas tells me, for the money, there’s no other girl I’d want to be seen at the dance with.

Yep. That's the problem with people today. They want BEAUTY not DUTY. That's why I drive a 10+ year old Jeep, almost 10 year old minivan and why my 27 year old daughter had a 2002 Jeep Liberty as her first car. Drove it for 6 years. She's been through a GMC Encore and now a Nissan Rouge and still isn't happy. She misses her Jeep. Her next "car" she said is a Wrangler diesel. She's a Jeep girl, what can I say as her dad and one who's had 4 Jeeps over the years? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude, it's a big fat SUV, why do you want to blow the doors off a Hellcat? This SUV is big and "lanky" and not designed to be the first out of the gate or first to cross the finishline. It's only designed to run out fuel before you get there. ;)

It's peppy enough for this old fart. Heck, I didn't think my 2013 Passat TDi was a dragster, it would get up to 126 (that was the max speed) pretty fast and float like a cloud. On a long haul, that's all that really maters right?

Just ordered my door guards. Got a $4 off coupon so they ended up costing me like 26 and some change.
I guess my idea of fast enough and yours are different. I don't need a 3 second zero to 60, but seven to eight second is really slow.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I guess my idea of fast enough and yours are different. I don't need a 3 second zero to 60, but seven to eight second is really slow.
That wasn't my point but ok. Why do you need it be faster? I always go there but when people say "I want to make my car faster", I ask why? Who you racing? Just like when I see people who pimp out their Jeeps. A lady at work has an 09 Rubicon. (I have an 09 Liberty). Hur hubby put BIG 35inch tires on it. Looks nice but I've never seen it dirty. I asked her once if she takes it off roading. She said no, but the hubby just wanted big tires. She did bitch about the crappy fuel mileage and how it just doesn't handle the same. But it looks cool. My 09 Liberty is modded. 3inch lift, 33 inch tires, 10inch wide wheels, customer front steel bumper w/winch, full skids, rock sliders w/side bars, class III receiver hitch, installed LEDS in the rear bumper, up by the windshield, and another 2 sets on the front bumper. FWIW, I've taken it off road many times, I've pulled people out of ditches, mud holes, towed my troops 3800lb trailer. And it's my everyday driver. So, I have to put up with 11mpg city, 17 hwy (if I drive 60). What I won't do is change out any of the drive train but there's been TIMES I wish I had ether a limited slip in the rear or lockers, but I've learned how to just go around LOL. But I won't touch it so I don't void my lifetime warranty on the eng/drive and tranny system. I could always just get a Rubicon, but maybe in my next life.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a Toyota 4Runner for 15 years and I understand what you are saying, but the Atlas, in my opinion, is under powered.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts