Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

We purchased our 2019 Atlas SE 4Motion w/ tech on March 1, due to covid, car barely has 1000 miles on it. The first few days I drove it, I noticed that at moderate to high speeds, basically anything over about 45, the car would shake. I'm not talking about vibration, the steering wheel would go left to right, the mirrors would shake, even when my kids talked I could hear vibration in their voices. I took it in and they said it was probably bad tires, so they ordered a new set of tires, I took it to work after on the freeway and it seemed to be back to normal. Fast forward a few weeks and it's doing it again.

I have a mirror above my 1 year old's seat so I can see her in the rear view and it just shakes the entire time I'm driving, I could be on freshly paved road and I don't ever get a clear view of her. My wife does her makeup in the car a lot and she has to hold the mirror still just to do anything.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? I feel like going to the dealership just to test drive another one to see if it does it because it's very annoying.

I think I'm going to try to reach out to VW or something since the dealership can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine doesn't. Could be a universal or just balancing/alignment. There were earlier posts where the dealer used a more sophisticated balancing machine and the vibration went away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a whole other thread about vibration issues that quite a few of us experienced. If you’re feeling it in the steering wheel that bad it could be your struts. Mine has vibration throughout the body of the car but not the steering wheel. Sounds like you need a different dealership to look at it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all,

We purchased our 2019 Atlas SE 4Motion w/ tech on March 1, due to covid, car barely has 1000 miles on it. The first few days I drove it, I noticed that at moderate to high speeds, basically anything over about 45, the car would shake. I'm not talking about vibration, the steering wheel would go left to right, the mirrors would shake, even when my kids talked I could hear vibration in their voices. I took it in and they said it was probably bad tires, so they ordered a new set of tires, I took it to work after on the freeway and it seemed to be back to normal. Fast forward a few weeks and it's doing it again.

I have a mirror above my 1 year old's seat so I can see her in the rear view and it just shakes the entire time I'm driving, I could be on freshly paved road and I don't ever get a clear view of her. My wife does her makeup in the car a lot and she has to hold the mirror still just to do anything.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? I feel like going to the dealership just to test drive another one to see if it does it because it's very annoying.

I think I'm going to try to reach out to VW or something since the dealership can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks,
Brandon
I would take it to a professional tire shop and have the balance checked. Interesting that the vibration stopped after you're replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts