Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well yes...I am hoping for a good outcome however I have owned many cars and trucks, many brands, I have never had a car with this many issues - you would think the car would be tight and solid, being a top-of-the-line VW, German manufacturer, and as I said it sounds like a heap of crap. So you have to question the whole integrity of the car...
Hmm, I had a 1990 Honda Accord that would give you a run for money (as far as junk goes) but I hope it's been melted down and used for steel fence posts keeping deer out of someones garden by now. I doubt it could even do that very well and all bets are off if they are using said posts in the rust belt. ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
So... why are you here KarstGeo?? Just curious. Your vehicle doesn't have any problems.
I've served as a mod on a website that catered to military types, retired and active duty. I'm also a member of a few other forums, mostly Jeeps, Coast Guard and Mopar related (and some "prepper" caves too) . And VW, don't want to leave them out. ;)

But I never seen a TOS that said you could only post if you have beef. Sometimes, people like to LEARN about what they just bought or about to buy and blow off steam.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I ALWAYS check Consumer Reports and knew that VW has very poor reliability. Actually next to the worst. But we had rented a 2018 Atlas for two months and loved it. With that said, I leased a 2019 Atlas SE V6 with 4Motion and Tech and sure enough, within the first 100 miles, I had to have the Fuel System Pressurization Pump replaced. Took 2 days. 50 miles later I had to have the Adaptive Cruise Control recalibrated. One day in shop. Within a few hundred miles I had a noise in the front. Apparently this was under recall and the front suspension was dismantled, some bolts replaced and got the car back five days later. Then a speaker blew. Shouldn't be able to blow out a factory speaker with a factory radio. Was in shop for 2 days. Periodically the radio just reboots. THANK GOD I LEASED. Good luck. Track time it is in for repairs and check out the Lemon Law in your state. I only have a few more days in shop and I qualify. On the other hand, it's leased. WHEW !

I owned a car that CR said was not recommended. I drove that 93 Plymouth Voyage SWB not recommend vehicle for 15 years w/o ever being stranded or major repairs. One of the cars they said was a BEST BUY/Recommended, a 90 Honda Accord had to be the WORST car I ever owned. But I guess they don't test the part that causes the rear bumper to fall off just sitting in your driveway. And that was just the funny failure of the best buy. Just saying, Consumer Rag is ok to read for shaving cream or TV's but for cars, they have yet to call it on anything I've owned since 90.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just purchased the 2021 Atlas, the V6 SEL Premium with 4MOTION - loaded. I drove approximately 150 miles and started having issues. The windshield developed a crack from the center of the "a-pillar" horizontally across the windshield, then I started hearing rattling and creaking noises from the front passenger door, creaking noises from the dash and occasional rattling in the driver side door. On bumpy roads the back seats or somewhere in the back is a terrible rattling noise - the car sounds like a used Yugo not a 50K German car. I have never experienced ANYTHING like this...my last vehicle was a Lexus and it was solid. The car has 2K miles on it, it has been to the dealership twice and is there now - the first time they had the car for 4 days and assured me everything was fixed, it was not. This time they've contacted VW North America and were told they have 12 Atlas's with the same issues in their data base as well as major air conditioning problems - so their solution is to dismantle the car and put damping material in the noise areas to see if this fixes the problems - THIS IS A BRAND NEW CAR! They want to keep my NEW car at least another week to resolve the problems. My biggest concern is these cars are built like crap and these issues will keep manifesting themselves and other problems will arise. I have written the dealership asking for a refund - I do not want this piece of crap car...I will see how they respond, I will be looking for an attorney that handles these issues unless someone on the forum has any suggestions. Hopefully the dealership will do the right thing and give me my money back. I would NOT buy the 2021 Atlas!
that’s interesting... I have a 2020 with similar issues - no crack in the windshield yet, though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased the 2021 Atlas, the V6 SEL Premium with 4MOTION - loaded. I drove approximately 150 miles and started having issues. The windshield developed a crack from the center of the "a-pillar" horizontally across the windshield, then I started hearing rattling and creaking noises from the front passenger door, creaking noises from the dash and occasional rattling in the driver side door. On bumpy roads the back seats or somewhere in the back is a terrible rattling noise - the car sounds like a used Yugo not a 50K German car. I have never experienced ANYTHING like this...my last vehicle was a Lexus and it was solid. The car has 2K miles on it, it has been to the dealership twice and is there now - the first time they had the car for 4 days and assured me everything was fixed, it was not. This time they've contacted VW North America and were told they have 12 Atlas's with the same issues in their data base as well as major air conditioning problems - so their solution is to dismantle the car and put damping material in the noise areas to see if this fixes the problems - THIS IS A BRAND NEW CAR! They want to keep my NEW car at least another week to resolve the problems. My biggest concern is these cars are built like crap and these issues will keep manifesting themselves and other problems will arise. I have written the dealership asking for a refund - I do not want this piece of crap car...I will see how they respond, I will be looking for an attorney that handles these issues unless someone on the forum has any suggestions. Hopefully the dealership will do the right thing and give me my money back. I would NOT buy the 2021 Atlas!
I have a 2019 SEL Premium & I love it ! I find it hard to believe that you’re having that much trouble. I’d like to see proof of your allegations. I don’t believe you !

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 2019 Atlas SEL Premium & love it. I’d like to see proof of all of your alleged problems. Waiting patiently

·
Registered
34 Posts
So sorry to hear about your issues. Ditto here. Bought a 2019 Atlas in January of 2020. Had issues immediately!! In the shop... multiple contacts with VW Customer Care... end result — nothing "technically wrong" with the vehicle. IF that is the case, the Atlas is built like a piece of crap. Period. Which is a shame. We've owned other VWs and had come to expect & cherish the VW Driving Experience. Not any more. Anyway — we sold the Atlas with 5K miles on it a loss. Took the hit. Best decision we ever made. Happily driving a Hyundai Palisade now. Best of luck to you.

Advice — don't waste too much time on this vehicle. Life is too short.
Just wondering how you like your Palisade, we been thinking of ditching our piece of crap 2019 Atlas for a Palisade as well

·
Registered
34 Posts
I own a 2019 Atlas SEL Premium & love it. I’d like to see proof of all of your alleged problems. Waiting patiently
My 2019 atlas 4 motion SEL premium had head gasket replaced at 7200 miles, took two weeks. it has been in shop 5 times now for a EPC light which keeps coming on and they can’t find what’s wrong. had to have transmission dropped and repaired, which took almost 3 weeks. Leak from sunroof which was a recall issue. All this and I have just 21,000 miles. Oh and Atlas goes back into shop Thursday at 12:30 for yet another EPC light. Piece of junk car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So sorry to hear about your issues. Ditto here. Bought a 2019 Atlas in January of 2020. Had issues immediately!! In the shop... multiple contacts with VW Customer Care... end result — nothing "technically wrong" with the vehicle. IF that is the case, the Atlas is built like a piece of crap. Period. Which is a shame. We've owned other VWs and had come to expect & cherish the VW Driving Experience. Not any more. Anyway — we sold the Atlas with 5K miles on it a loss. Took the hit. Best decision we ever made. Happily driving a Hyundai Palisade now. Best of luck to you.

Advice — don't waste too much time on this vehicle. Life is too short.
ban him...lol...j/k....trading in a 6mo old vehicle for another new vehicle a best decision ever? if i recall, your issues were relatively minor.. if i had lost north of $15k...yeah i would want to enjoy the palisade too....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Best part is I have a ticket number with VW and been talking with regional manager about the problems. After last time car was in shop she told me to call her if problem comes up again. So, tried today to call. Put on hold for awhile. Then gave a call back number. VW called me back about an hour later, as soon as I answer phone I was put on hold without talking to anyone yet. After 45 minutes of being on hold a second time I hung up. Will try tomorrow morning

·
Registered
97 Posts
ban him...lol...j/k....trading in a 6mo old vehicle for another new vehicle a best decision ever? if i recall, your issues were relatively minor.. if i had lost north of $15k...yeah i would want to enjoy the palisade too....

I was going to say, come back in 6 months and rave about your new car. I have a 2009 Jeep Liberty. Granted, I've made a few changes to it over the years, like customer front steel bumper w/winch. Full skids, rock sliders, 3 inch lift, 33inch tires, class III hitch and a few "cosmetic" changes. Now, to be honest, it's a Jeep. Didn't expect a whole lot except not to get stuck when I need it most or to leave me thinking it's a FORD. I got it new so it's still got the life time warranty on the eng/tranny/drivetrain. It's never left me stranded. Only been hung up once (pre-winch) but it's a jeep. Sucks fuel like a freshman drinks beer in college at his first keg party. The frigging car is over 10 years old, 130k miles, doesn't burn oil, starts everytime I turn the key, goes just about anywhere I've wanted to go (and someplaces I wish I hadn't). My point is, every car smells new for a while. But people today keep their cars for a couple years and runs to the dealer to get a new lease. They say "oh, it's the BEST CAR I've ever owned" or "it's the best decisions". blah blah blah. Keep your "Palisade" for 10 years and lets see how much you love it even at 5. If we want to review best decisions, my best was when I got rid (on a flat bed) of a 1990 Honda Accord EX. I swear that thing was a Yugo under that maroon paint job. Rust, water leaks, oil burning, mechanical issues and that was before my sister-in-law (who got it new) gave it to my teen as his first car. The day the rear bumper FELL OFF in the driveway was the day I said enough, and shipped it off to charity. My last new car, the 2019 Atlas only has 9600 miles on it. Got in in 2019, July. SEL Pri and everything I could get, I got. Even the 150k/12yr warranty. Our people hauler was our 2011 Town&Country Minivan. The Atlas was the replacement (but we still have the mini van and are milking it out).

Below is the LATEST thing I've added.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts