Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway to Disable, for a long period of time, the backup warning?

I haul my hitch mount bike rack around a lot. The problem is every time I back up I must manually switch off the revers parking warning or it goes crazy. Total pain.. they really need a way to have the Atlas auto detect with you have a hitch connected and disable the reverse warning.

thx!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Anyway to Disable, for a long period of time, the backup warning?

I haul my hitch mount bike rack around a lot. The problem is every time I back up I must manually switch off the revers parking warning or it goes crazy. Total pain.. they really need a way to have the Atlas auto detect with you have a hitch connected and disable the reverse warning.

thx!
I asked the same/similar question in the Vortex forum. It is not just the alarm....my Atlas SLAMS on the brakes because it thinks I'm backing into something. The only way to prevent it is to turn off the parking assist in the center console, but this also disables the backup camera.

·
Super Moderator
596 Posts
You can simply turn off "maneuver braking" in the info menu under "parking and maneuvering". Then you can have the camera on but will have to listen to all that beeping!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can simply turn off "maneuver braking" in the info menu under "parking and maneuvering". Then you can have the camera on but will have to listen to all that beeping!
Thank you, I'll try this. The beeping is tolerable for the short period of time while backing up as long as I can use the backup camera.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you, I'll try this. The beeping is tolerable for the short period of time while backing up as long as I can use the backup camera.
I know its been a while since this discussion. just wondering if turning off "maneuver breaking" stops the break assist while packing up? I have the same issue with a swing away bike rack in the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts