Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "front assistance" radar sensor is like yours, behind the VW emblem at grille center. It is the unit that has two jobs. One is the adaptive speed control system, the other is the crash avoidance braking.

I got a warning light last night after going out to a restaurant in sleeting conditions. The car had a thin coating of ice on the windshield and we spent 20 minutes in the car at home in the garage, trying to understand what the warning was telling us. Something about ACC.

This morning, I took it to the VW dealer but first while enroute (the warning light had gone away) tried the cruise control. It worked but the display for distance looked quite different from what it looked like since the car was new in '19. What had been a stack of bright white lines in a small cluster, which you could toggle from about 4 lines down to 1 by clicking the button on the wheel between + and - for speed up and speed lower, that display now looks like much wider bands in a light gray tone and not white. So adaptive cruise now working as it should but with a totally different display for distance setting.

I think the ACC sensor fault thing was ice-related. This, from some online research and from what I learned at the dealer.

The tech at the dealer said I somehow might have gotten a software update via the cloud.

WTF? Is that possible?

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2019 Atlas SEL has had a problem with the infotainment screen going black about once a week, requiring a reboot. I stopped by my dealership and was told that they had just been notified that VW will be doing an over the air upgrade for that problem as well as the car net issue. They told me to contact them if it does not happen within the next 10 days.

·
Registered
98 Posts
More than likely because 3g cell is no longer functioning in a 2019 there is no way to get an update unless they do it unless they are physically connected to you communications port.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts