Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife recently signed the paperwork for a 2021 Atlas Cross Sport SEL AWD. We have not driven the car from the lot because they had to get the car from another dealer. But after reading all of the issues that others have had with the vehicle right out the gate I am not sure I still want the car. Is it possible for us to pull out of the deal since we have never driven the car from the lot? Is it tonlate for us now? I would hate to be stuck with a car that has major issues. Please help me!!!

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
Better to hit the FB groups for this kind of post IMHO. And there you will get:

OH MY GOD IT'S THE WORST VEHICLE EVER THEY ALL DO XYZ DONT' EVER BUY ONE AHHHHHHHHHHH

or

It's been fine for us (this will far outweigh the one above in any post like this BTW which on a few of the groups happens just about every day it seems).

Going online to solidify purchases can be problematic b/c you will get a biased look - most people don't go online daily and say "yep, Atlas continues to not have issues" but folks with problems do to find solace with other owners, always been that way. Best to just buy what you are going buy - you have a warranty to cover what may have issues. It's like having a medical condition and googling it or joining a FB group for it, you will think you will die after an hour of reading.

By and large, the majority of folks who buy a particular vehicle will not have all the issues you read about online, that's just math. Now, with the Atlas, there are some known areas that have issues. How will you know? You won't. This can happen with any vehicle and is just part of vehicle purchasing. Good luck.

·
264 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gpop (y)

Sadly most people seek out forums to post negative experiences along with their comments that are
more emotional and not based on facts.

Help ? All I can do is offer a suggestion that You and your Wife sit down with the dealer and all of their department
Managers and nicely explain your concerns as it's more easy to make decisions on information you do have
rather then information you don't have.

Again, Welcome and the Best of Luck to You & your Wife ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

OH MY GOD IT'S THE WORST VEHICLE EVER THEY ALL DO XYZ DONT' EVER BUY ONE AHHHHHHHHHHH

or

It's been fine for us (this will far outweigh the one above in any post like this BTW which on a few of the groups happens just about every day it seems).

Going online to solidify purchases can be problematic b/c you will get a biased look - most people don't go online daily and say "yep, Atlas continues to not have issues" but folks with problems do to find solace with other owners, always been that way. Best to just buy what you are going buy - you have a warranty to cover what may have issues. It's like having a medical condition and googling it or joining a FB group for it, you will think you will die after an hour of reading.

By and large, the majority of folks who buy a particular vehicle will not have all the issues you read about online, that's just math. Now, with the Atlas, there are some known areas that have issues. How will you know? You won't. This can happen with any vehicle and is just part of vehicle purchasing. Good luck.

or

Welcome to the forum Gpop (y)

Sadly most people seek out forums to post negative experiences along with their comments that are
more emotional and not based on facts.

Help ? All I can do is offer a suggestion that You and your Wife sit down with the dealer and all of their department
Managers and nicely explain your concerns as it's more easy to make decisions on information you do have
rather then information you don't have.

Again, Welcome and the Best of Luck to You & your Wife ;)
Thank you for taking time to reply to my post. This will definitely be a difficult decision for our family. I agree with you on your reply. I will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a new 2021 Atlas SE Tech. Only about 2K miles but so far I like it very much. I have been a loyal Toyota and Honda guy for decades and looked at the Atlas on a lark. Really impressed with the roominess, the technology and the crash ratings are excellent. My daughter and wife call it the "cool car". Every day I drive it I like it more. I know it is early but I have absolutely no regrets.

·
Registered
2021 Atlas SEL V6 4Motion
20 Posts
My wife recently signed the paperwork for a 2021 Atlas Cross Sport SEL AWD. We have not driven the car from the lot because they had to get the car from another dealer. But after reading all of the issues that others have had with the vehicle right out the gate I am not sure I still want the car. Is it possible for us to pull out of the deal since we have never driven the car from the lot? Is it tonlate for us now? I would hate to be stuck with a car that has major issues. Please help me!!!
I'm 11K+ miles into our 2021 Atlas SEL and despite having a few issues, none of them major, I'm still excited to hop in and drive it everyday. My dealer has been easy to deal with on the issues and very responsive. Once you have one, you notice them more and more, and I've yet to see one in my neighborhood with someone taking a gas can to it and lighting it on fire in frustration or regret. It is very interesting to watch this forum and others, as there are some good tips and experiences that help validate if what you're experiencing is normal for the vehicle, or something to pay attention to. Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a new 2021 Atlas SE Tech. Only about 2K miles but so far I like it very much. I have been a loyal Toyota and Honda guy for decades and looked at the Atlas on a lark. Really impressed with the roominess, the technology and the crash ratings are excellent. My daughter and wife call it the "cool car". Every day I drive it I like it more. I know it is early but I have absolutely no regrets.
Congrats on your new purchase. It's great to hear positive experiences with the vehicle. We were actually waffling between the Telluride and the CS before settling totally on the CS. We just liked the look a lot better, just thought it was different and LOVED the pure grey. We have went so far as to sign the paperwork but we have taken the car from the lot and due to all the issues I have read I may not take it. I hope we have that option if that indeed becomes the case.
I'm 11K+ miles into our 2021 Atlas SEL and despite having a few issues, none of them major, I'm still excited to hop in and drive it everyday. My dealer has been easy to deal with on the issues and very responsive. Once you have one, you notice them more and more, and I've yet to see one in my neighborhood with someone taking a gas can to it and lighting it on fire in frustration or regret. It is very interesting to watch this forum and others, as there are some good tips and experiences that help validate if what you're experiencing is normal for the vehicle, or something to pay attention to. Good luck with your purchase!
Thank you. Positive messages like yours go a long way!

·
Registered
24 Posts
If the car is under warranty then you’ll not pay for any repair costs at an authorized VW dealership. As long as you perform the recommended maintenance and don’t misuse the vehicle. Depending on your location, if the dealership can't repair the vehicle after a certain number of attempts, then the manufacturer is required to replace or buy back the vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts