Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, just got told the diagnosis on our 1 month old 2021.5 Atlas is one bad fuel injector. I'm shocked they aren't changing all of them, but if another one goes out, you can bet I'll be asking for all of them to be changed as now I wonder if our vehicle was part of the "bad batch" that has been discussed. We should get it back by this Friday and will see how it goes from there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We got our Atlas 12 months ago in December 2018. The check engine light came on a few weeks ago, so we took the car in. The dealer claims that we got a batch of bad gas that ruined the fuel injectors which they now recommend replacing for $2500. The bad gas claim voids the warranty so we are on the hook to pay for repair. Interestingly, we get our gas at the Shell station right across the street from the dealer where they fill their own cars. We initiated an investigation with Shell corporate. Their assessment shows that the gas was fine, and they haven't had any other complaints about the gas so they deny that the gas was bad. We escalated the issue with VW to a regional customer service agent who stands behind the dealer's claim that we used bad gas which voids the warranty. I'm very skeptical of the bad gas claim, since the dealer doesn't offer any evidence to support the claim and Shell denies it. Seems like an obvious ploy by VW to get us to pay for an expensive repair on a 1 year old vehicle. Any suggestions on what to do from here? I'm inclined to take the car to an independent shop, do the least expensive thing to get the check engine light off, sell the Atlas and never do business with VW again.
I think your plan is good. Do what you need to do to remove the code and unload that thing as fast as possible. I’ve had two Atlases and have had numerous issues including two I’m now dealing with. I got rid of my first Atlas because VW couldn’t repair it (major power loss due to failed catalytic converters). My second Atlas also had catalytic converters fail at 20k Mike’s and they were able to replace those. Then they replaced them again when they had the catalytic converter recall. The fabric sunscreen in the roof no longer retracts rendering the sun roof useless. I have had both cooling fan motors fail as well. currently having issues with the torque converter causing the car to stall out. The biggest let down with VW has been dealing with the dealership. They talk down to you like you have no knowledge of how these vehicles work and don’t do what they say they are going to do. Im done with VW. As soon as I get my Atlas fixed, I’m trading it in for a Toyota or Honda. Done with VW.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts