Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my first trip and instantly had an issue. Plugging the Echo inline with the trailer I got a left turn signal out error, and noticed the left signal and left brake light would not work on the trailer (taillight worked fine). They worked just fine when the trailer was plugged directly in. I unplugged and replugged everything in several times to make sure everything was locked into place, and the problem didn't go away.

We were in a time crunch and I just had to go with it. The Echo worked great other than I made the drive without a left trailer signal or brake light.

We got to our spot and the day we were supposed to leave, I was unhooking and rehooking everything up, trying to figure out the problem, and suddenly everything worked. I don't know what I did. We drove home with all lights working.

I had to move the trailer yesterday and went out to hook it up and the problem was back. Try as I could to unhook and recheck everything multiple times and I couldn't get the problem to go away.

Is nobody else having this issue?

I ordered one of these, got it today thanks to Prime delivery and everything worked great with it, but by the time I plug it in, plug the Echo in, and then the trailer plug its like I have almost two feet of hard plugs coming from the vehicle. Not cool.

I got the Echo to work once without the extra adapter, but I'm trying to figure out how I did it... any ideas?

FYI: 2019 Atlas SE, 4mo, and tow package

·
Super Moderator
80 Posts
Not sure how that Curt Echo is working however I know that the Atlas did not like my LED adapter I have to go from 7 to 4. It worked at first however after I put the turn signal on the dash lite up with all sorts of warning about trailer lights not working. I would think that the Curt might be doing the same thing and the only option would be to maybe look at this

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the dash lite up with all sorts of warning about trailer lights not working. I would think that the Curt might be doing the same thing and the only option would be to maybe look at this
This was exactly my experience with the dash lighting up warnings. Pit of my stomach clenched at first as I tried to figure out how to tell the wife I ruined the car. lol

Sucks to spend a couple hundred dollars on the Echo and find out it doesn't work. Back to the drawing board.

I do have a Tekonsha wired controller (Prodigy P2) for the dash that should work if I dig out the plug from the Atlas, but I really liked the idea of having nothing to install. The Echo just plugged right in and away I went, or that's how it should've worked...

Thanks for the video. I also made that mistake too. I knew we got the Atlas with the tow package, I backed up to the trailer and discovered I had no 7 pin to plug into. Blew my mind that I got a tow package and it came with no plug.

·
Super Moderator
80 Posts
Echo should work if you have the Tow Ready 20142 however if you really want to spend the money might be worth getting the Tekonsha 90250.

Might just be easier to use the P2 and call it a day.

Reactions: jaybee
1 - 4 of 4 Posts