Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a brand new set still in the box ( In San Francisco)
I'm interested in purchasing the VW crossbars. Can you post a picture of them and the box? I'm struggling to find the OEM Roof Luggage Carrier Side Rails that the crossbars mount to.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Do you know the Amazon item number?
Which cheap set did you get?

Sorry, just saw these questions. The brand is called bestauto and the number i searched for on amazon is : b07kf1dnws. I paid $107 plus SC sales tax and free shipping... As I mentioned they are a bit noisy but I'm not sure if that the atlas design or the rails as I have not tried any other brand on this auto. For the price they look nice and do the job

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone having any luck with cross bars? I just installed the Thule Evo Raised Raise and 50" Evo Wingbars and am getting a ton of whistle above 45mph...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im looking for recommendations as well. Seems like there is many aftermarket options, just dont wanna buy the wrong ones or crap ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah - not pleased.

I gave up and decided to return them and get some Yakima Jetstream bars and Timberline mounts. NO WHISTLE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been shopping overseas for roof racks. Check out this place. Even with shipping cost, it's still a lot cheaper than the states. The VAT will be taken out at checkout.
Atlas isn't even an option on this site in the dropdowns. Must have brexited the site recently. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't had any issues with the Thule crossroad mounts (450r) and ARB53 crossbars.
Mind posting some pics? Does this combination allow for safe opening of sunroof? I'm mainly looking to carry lumber from Home Depot for occassional projects

21 - 39 of 39 Posts