Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,

I have a 2018 4-motion v6.

After 3 trips to my local dealer to address a coolant leak and smell, the cause of which they have failed to find, and which now persists, my coolant expansion tank now looks like this:

I have suspicions that they added some sort of stop leak to the system to mask the problem. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had a coolant leak issue my car broke down on me on a 200 mile road trip... It's at the dealership now I called them and they said that it's normal for it to lose coolant in between services... but it only has 8,000 miles and it hasn't been in for its first service yet, and I don't think cars are supposed to lose fluid .

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts
I am having the same issues. this car has been the worst auto purchase I have ever done. i was at the dealer getting the front suspension fixed after 30k miles just last week, and they checked the coolant issue for the third time only to find nothing and tell me its normal once again.... only to have the light come back on 3 days later. I have 7 service tickets for this car in 12 months and still having issues. I requested a buyback and the case has been escalated. I should be receiving a call today from the case manager. Hoping VW does the right thing here because this car is costing me money in lost wages. completely disappointed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same prob ...
they replaced water pump ...
still leaking, been in 3 times
now it outta warranty they tell me !! BS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts