Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

141 - 143 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas V6 SEL 4motion
2 Posts
I just spoke with an attorney and you only need 10 persons to start a class action lawsuit.
If any persons are interested in the class action lawsuit please respond to this post.

I hope I don't need to go that far with VW, if they fix the coolant leak and there is no permeant engine damage I would probably be satisfied.
Very disappointed and concerned that new vehicle would have major engine defects.
It the best case scenario, VW fixes issue but now my vehicle carfax history will show major engine repair and surely lower the value.
Also, what permanent damage is done? You should never have coolant mixing in with the engine oil, for example, and since they
didn't fix it properly the first time, I added 5k more miles on the vehicle that could have been avoided.

My story.

On April 28 2019 about 7 months after purchase and at about 5k miles, I was on a long drive when I was suprised to see the
coolant light come on, and with no overheating I finished my trip. Shortly thereafter, I took to dealer for service and they found no leaks, I professed that I could smell coolant when car was parked and there should not be any coolant loss, coolant loss is not normal, don't accept that for an answer if that is what you are told.

On October 7 2020 about 12 months after purchase and at about 9k miles I returned to dealer for same problem.
It has been one week, this time they did find coolant leak and contamination into spark plugs and engine.
I am now waiting as they dealer has been instructed by VW to look for cylinder head warpage that would require
cylinder head replacement.

I will post back with updates on my case.

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
Sounds like VW is on to fixing this now more than in the first few production years - I think it just took some time for them to deal with it. Should be no permanent damage etc. from a slow coolant leak. Getting the cylinder head replaced is the best scenario for sure. My opinion on the class action? Not worth the hassle - they are fixing it which is all they are required to do per the warranty. The whole worrying about Carfax stuff - I personally don't see that as an issue and really isn't anything VW should be paying people for - most folks trade their cars in so the Carfax has zero impact on that vs. private sale where mabye someone would care. Class action? That's for the leaking pano survivors with the Golf wagons..hahahhaah. That is a total cluster and yes, VW should be paying a price for that disaster and not being able to design a sunroof that doesn't leak 🤣

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas V6 SEL 4motion
2 Posts
I just spoke with an attorney and you only need 10 persons to start a class action lawsuit.
If any persons are interested in the class action lawsuit please respond to this post.

I hope I don't need to go that far with VW, if they fix the coolant leak and there is no permeant engine damage I would probably be satisfied.
Very disappointed and concerned that new vehicle would have major engine defects.
It the best case scenario, VW fixes issue but now my vehicle carfax history will show major engine repair and surely lower the value.
Also, what permanent damage is done? You should never have coolant mixing in with the engine oil, for example, and since they
didn't fix it properly the first time, I added 5k more miles on the vehicle that could have been avoided.

My story.

On April 28 2019 about 7 months after purchase and at about 5k miles, I was on a long drive when I was suprised to see the
coolant light come on, and with no overheating I finished my trip. Shortly thereafter, I took to dealer for service and they found no leaks, I professed that I could smell coolant when car was parked and there should not be any coolant loss, coolant loss is not normal, don't accept that for an answer if that is what you are told.

On October 7 2020 about 12 months after purchase and at about 9k miles I returned to dealer for same problem.
It has been one week, this time they did find coolant leak and contamination into spark plugs and engine.
I am now waiting as they dealer has been instructed by VW to look for cylinder head warpage that would require
cylinder head replacement.

I will post back with updates on my case.
UPDATE: October 23 2020

My vehicle was finished today October 23 2020, it was with the dealer service for 16 days.
The cylinder head gasket was replaced. Time will tell if they have actually fixed the cylinder head leaks.

141 - 143 of 143 Posts