Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never considered a VW until I saw an advertisement for their current financing. Right now it’s 0% for 72 months. I started researching the Atlas and for the most part it has good reviews from magazines and critics but not so much within this group. I would life to know how many of you would buy again knowing what you know now. Thanks in advance to everyone who to the time to reply.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The thing with the forum is that a lot of people come here to complain.
They have some sort of issue with their car, pull up Google, and it leads them here.
There are some known faults with the car. Some people have no issues living with those faults but others think it is unacceptable.
Just sort of depends on which camp YOU fall into.
I have had 7 VW's (8 if you want to include an Audi, and I'm also including cars my wife has had) and have never had any major issues with any of them.

For example we had a '17 Tiguan before the Atlas, it had the panoramic sunroof and it developed a leak (something that appears to be happening on the Atlas as well).
But it was fixed, and we still bought an Atlas with the pano roof.
You will read stuff about disappearing coolant and transmission noises, but these are things that I have yet to experience.
Maybe it us just a matter of time, but if the time comes we'll deal with it. That is what the warranty is for...

Overall I have been very happy with the Atlas. We ended up with the 2.0T SE w/ Tech and we have had it for around 6 months and it has almost 10k miles on it now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was previously a Toyota guy. I have had Corvettes, Hondas, Acuras, Chevys and Fords before I bought my last 4 Toyotas. They all have their own idiosyncrasies. Some people swear that Hondas are great. I think they are crap. Talk about bad transmissions!
I was in the same place as you, considering buying something new. After a lot of consideration, I decided on a 2019 SE w/Tech 4Motion which I purchased about a month ago. I really like the car, with a 6 year warranty and bought it at $8K below MSRP.
I will let the dealer take care of any real issues. However, so far, no issues. The car runs fine and I just took it from NJ to Florida and back and got about 24 mpg while on the highways. If I have a real issue, the dealer will most likely take care of it under warranty.

·
Registered
2019 Atlas S 4Motion VR6
24 Posts
Have had our 2019 S 4Motion VR6 since December 2018. No problems or issues of any type. One recall for the headlamp adjusting caps, which upon their inspection weren’t needed.

I feel, based upon the sales numbers for the Atlas,
( https://newspress-vwusamedia.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/original/10834-VWDEC2019salesrelease1320.pdf ) there must be many in this trouble free category. With the thousands sold there would be even bigger recalls, press releases, and postings, if there were problems with virtually every Atlas as sometimes can be perceived here.

As has been stated, the silent majority isn’t likely to be heard from, yet it’s good, because of forums like this, to be aware of those that do experience problems.

Best wishes on your decision and research, but for me, I highly recommend the Atlas. The value, interior space, ride, features, and looks won’t disappoint.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It inst solely because people come here to bitch, its because people are looking for answers for their buyers remorse. At the same time you have just as many brand loyalists defending every issue like VW is paying their mortgage. Its a 2 way street.

As someone mentioned above, I too was and now will always be a toyota and honda fan. Sold our atlas and bought a used Pilot. My DD is a 2015 tundra and it has 115k. not one issue.

Anyway, The atlas was my first and last VW and we bought because of the warranty and interior layout. The atlas was by far the worst auto Ive ever purchased. We had it for 13 months(drove it 35k easy highway miles) and it was one issue after another. head gasket replaced, suspension replaced, seatbelt buckle replaced, push button start, and transfer case replaced. It is a nice car in terms of styling and interior layout but VW missed the mark big time on quality. If you do buy one you need to get a screaming deal because they dont hold value either.

read the forums, reviews( from people that have actually owned it more than a month or 2- new owners reviews don't count), and social media pages. All manufactures have a few bad apples but the atlas produces much more bad apples than most. roll the dice if you like it that much- its your money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts