Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to find any information regarding Coil Spring Travel Sensors? I’m getting the DTC code 803 for the right one (G118) but I can’t find the part in VW parts diagram. It’s a 2019 Atlas. Scratching my head…

·
Registered
50 Posts
have you put eyes on the sensor? There is one in the front and one in the rear, with a link to the control arm to sense ride weight and level the sensors.

possible it has been damaged/disconnected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you put eyes on the sensor? There is one in the front and one in the rear, with a link to the control arm to sense ride weight and level the sensors.

possible it has been damaged/disconnected.
I have not yet, going to probably tomorrow in the daylight hunt an peck looking for it. I can’t find it on any of the VW parts diagrams, current error code is showing the right coil spring travel sensor in fault. Can’t tell if that has my adaptive cruise control disabled, but either way it’s showing actively in fault. Frustrating.

·
Registered
50 Posts
active faults can be a good thing, rather, better than intermittent that tend to hide when troubleshooting.

anyway, good luck. If the sensors appear fine and it’s easy to do, swap them (assuming the ride height sensors are the same)and see if the fault follows the sensor or not to narrow down faulty sensor or misaligned linkage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts