Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm three weeks in of owning a new 2019 Atlas V6 SEL 4Motion and loving it! Thanks to all of you that post on this site as the shared knowledge is a wealth of information and good discussion.

The only thing that I've questioned thus far as I'm getting acquainted with the vehicle is when turning on the climate control system and selecting the floor vent button (see attached) and no other buttons such as dash vents, defrost, etc. Does anyone else have an abundance of air coming out of the drivers side left dash vent in addition to the floor vents? None of the other dash vents will have air come out of them when only the floor vent is selected. The vent can simply be closed if needed and that stops the air flow.

Just curious if this is normal with other Atlas's? I've been meaning to run into the dealer and check out an Atlas on the lot just to confirm.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes, and I have the premium with the settings in the infotainment system. The amount of air coming from the driver's side vent is annoying but apparently normal. I asked the same thing. The only way to stop it is to turn on recirculating air, otherwise it never seems to stop. Or manually close the vent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I assume it's normal, since my 2018 SEL 4Mo works the same way. I normally turn on floor vent only, but the side vents has air flow while the central dash vents do not.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I assume it's normal, since my 2018 SEL 4Mo works the same way. I normally turn on floor vent only, but the side vents has air flow while the central dash vents do not.
Yes, someone said it is intentionally this way to blow air on the side windows to keep them from fogging up. That could make sense since your body (and it's heat) are much closer to the side windows than the windshield. Thus maybe they are maybe more prone to fog up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts