Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021.5 SE R line. Noticed the remote start stopped working. Couple weeks after check engine light comes on and has three codes. Electric parking brake error and the driver rear window goes down about 2 inches and engages parking brake un expected. Code says lost communication with door module. Never have had a car that has problem at 10k miles. Going ro dealer tomorrow but was told expect delays due to parts shortages. Anyone else has problems along these lines?
Line Font Gadget Display device Rectangle

Gadget Font Rectangle Display device Communication Device

Light Product Communication Device Telephony Gadget

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
Bad door switch for sure - thinks you are moving and the door opens and it will apply the brake. Fuel injector may be bad as well. Hard to say until you have it in to the dealer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My door switch just went out 3 days ago. The windows went and up down by themselves and got a parking brake error. Starting to hate this ****. Was in the dealer for a month for steering issue and ac problem. Now this. Gave me a tiguan as a loaner because there were no Atlas's. I should of never took that VW settlement check.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2021.5 SE R line. Noticed the remote start stopped working. Couple weeks after check engine light comes on and has three codes. Electric parking brake error and the driver rear window goes down about 2 inches and engages parking brake un expected. Code says lost communication with door module. Never have had a car that has problem at 10k miles. Going ro dealer tomorrow but was told expect delays due to parts shortages. Anyone else has problems along these lines? View attachment 2388
View attachment 2389
View attachment 2390
Regarding the remote start not working, make sure you have plenty of fuel in the tank, like greater than 1/4 tank or remote start won’t work. These other issues may be involved as well but low fuel will prevent it from starting remotely for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2021.5 SE R line. Noticed the remote start stopped working. Couple weeks after check engine light comes on and has three codes. Electric parking brake error and the driver rear window goes down about 2 inches and engages parking brake un expected. Code says lost communication with door module. Never have had a car that has problem at 10k miles. Going ro dealer tomorrow but was told expect delays due to parts shortages. Anyone else has problems along these lines? View attachment 2388
View attachment 2389
View attachment 2390
I feel your pain as my engine light just came on for the same issues.….8K miles only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts