Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the check engine light came on, and the EPC warning light came on intermittently. Has anyone else had this issue so soon into their ownership?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am just getting ready to hit 2,000 with no issues.

Did you not tighten your gas cap?
From my past cars I purchased a OBD code reader. They are $20-$40 bucks from Amazon or an Auto Parts Store and then you just google the code, it will let you know what is going on.
But with 700 miles you should not have anything... unless it was a gas cap =)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My check engine light came on at 6 months and 4,200 miles checked gas cap, engine light still on inside now smelling like gas. Had it towed to VW dealership under roadside assistance since the closed was 1.5 hours away. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was on the way to the deal to pick up the plates for my 2020 Atlas Cross Sport. When check engine light suddenly appeared at 1200 miles. Had a defective O2 sensor, dealer had me back on the road 45 minutes later. No issue now at 1700 miles..

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 21 just had this issue at 3K. Service center said it’s probably from my wife rounding up at the pump after it stops pumping most likely but could be a faulty sensor. She said she’s only did that like once and I’ve done it dozens of times to my Tacoma with no issues so I find it hard to believe putting a few cents more in after the handle clicks is the culprit. Anyways they fixed it in a hour and a 2 weeks later no issues

1 - 6 of 6 Posts