Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i bought a new 2020 Atlas Cross sport on Sunday 11/30/2020 and noticed the shake on the way home. Has anyone been able to fix this problem yet. i dont want to have to spend months trying to fix it if someone knows the cause.

Update 12/15/2020
I took it to a dealer in Sacramento, they looked it over and found that the tires had flat spots from sitting on the dealers lot for 9 months. The selling dealer agreed to install new tires on the vehicle. Now it drives like a dream.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2020 Cross Sport and had the vibration issue at high speeds from day one. Took it in and they stated that I had two tires that could not be balanced properly. Ordered and then they stated only one was bad and replaced. Much better but not gone. Back in the shop next week at 3500 miles as it returned on my five hour trip this week. Water bottle vibrating and a 6 pack of beer playing music all the way home. I have Goodyear tires on my vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 Cross Sport and had the vibration issue at high speeds from day one. Took it in and they stated that I had two tires that could not be balanced properly. Ordered and then they stated only one was bad and replaced. Much better but not gone. Back in the shop next week at 3500 miles as it returned on my five hour trip this week. Water bottle vibrating and a 6 pack of beer playing music all the way home. I have Goodyear tires on my vehicle.
I have Perellies. after they changed out all 4 tires the issue is gone and it rides nice, except for the loud road noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For mine, this issue was solved with proper balancing and alignment, performed 1 week after the dealership from which I bought the car supposedly aligned the car and balanced the 4 brand new tires. Turns out the first dealership tech simply did the balancing wrong, and maybe never did an alignment. There are lots of really smart and experienced technicians at dealerships, and just as many of the "other kind." When a dealership's story doesn't make sense, it's good to get a second opinion.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts