Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, is there a way to change the horn sound that the Atlas makes when you lock the doors? I know how to turn off the notification sound completely but I was hoping there was a way to change the “roadrunner meep meep” horn to the electronic chirp heard on other types of vehicles. I have a 2019 Atlas SE w/ technology, thanks for your time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also would like to find this out, as that little horn sound is horrible. feels like I have a pink beetle. Not a sporty Atlas R-Line

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can’t stand the horn on this thing. It is not enough of a complaint that I’m getting rid of the car, but I just wish it didn’t sound so diminutive. I was cleaning out the basement this weekend and found some Hella Supertones that I never installed on an older car of mine. Thinking of trying to switch them out. I can’t find any vid’s for it for the Atlas, but see several for the Golf and other models. If the horns are in the same spot, I may give it a try in the next couple of weeks, I just don’t want to take to take the front bumper off ...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've swapped out horns before, usually on compact cars for the same reason. It really depends on the car. If you can access the old horns then it is usually a simple job. You might scratch the heck out of your forearms as most are logged between the radiator and the front bumper, but usually not that difficult. I would not remove the bumper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts