Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Interesting, care to share your thoughts for this procedure and your decision to do so ?

Is it because of the black color ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, care to share your thoughts for this procedure and your decision to do so ?

Is it because of the black color ?
100% because it’s black. It will give extra protection for UV and bird droppings, less swirl marks from washing etc. It sat on a lot for a few months without being washed, so it already had some etching in the clear from bird poo, so a 2 stage paint correction was needed before 6 coats of Ceramic Pro.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We did the same about a month ago. Has been holding up very well since then.

Got it done at a discount (enthusiast friend of a friend who loves doing that kind of stuff), so I'd call it money well spent. Not sure if I felt the same if we had paid two or three times as much, though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We did the same about a month ago. Has been holding up very well since then.

Got it done at a discount (enthusiast friend of a friend who loves doing that kind of stuff), so I'd call it money well spent. Not sure if I felt the same if we had paid two or three times as much, though.
I have no regrets so far paying to get it done. It’s been raining here in Vancouver B.C. for the last 3 days, every night my wife parks it in the garage and I inspect it. Other than @ the wheel wells there is no dirt or water marks on it after 3 Days. The Thing is almost spotless. Looking forward to giving it a wash in 2 weeks to see how the touchless wash method works with my pressure washer and foam cannon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts