Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am about to pull the trigger on an out of state 2018 Atlas SEL Premium and I am a bit confused on the radio upgrades made in 2019 and again in 2021.

Can anyone elaborate on the differences?

What I am mostly interested in is if CarPlay can now be mirrored to the digital cockpit on the older units?

I am hoping this was done via software update. Which btw, how are updates deployed? Over the air?

·
Registered
8 Posts
On my 21 SEL 99% of the time I can’t get CarPlay on the Digital Cockpit but 1 time I was using the VW Navigation on both displays and switched over to Waze and somehow it was on the Cockpit. Weird and over WiFi my car says it’s up to date on latest software. Maybe the dealer has a hard update

·
Registered
281 Posts
NO. Nothing from your phone can be mirrored to the digital gauge cluster. Not on the old or new versions. It sucks but that's what we got.

Also, there is no software update. I have a 2019 and they haven't updated anything nor should we expect them to. There's no financial incentive to offer improvements to a vehicle they already sold you. Want new features, buy a new car. That's always been the mfg's philosophy....at least until Tesla came along.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts