Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just got around to activating my free 6 month subscription. I pressed the "i" button on the overhead console. It connected, rang a few times then disconnected. It took two more tries before I was able to talk to a CarNet person.
Anyway, she explained the ability to use your phone to lock/unlock the car etc. I told her I was interested in the "free" trial, she asked for my name, addess, email and credit card information. I told her that I was not going to give her my credit card info, I just wanted the 6 month free trial.
She said they needed my credit card information to start the free trial.

Registered
'19 Atlas SE R-Line
Seems like there are a lot of two-sided network services that require credit card for trial

Registered
I received the same when I tried. After a bit of discussion I told the person I was less than thrilled so far with my VW experience and eventually the trial started with no CC. I am also less than thrilled with car net vs. Onstar and I wont be continuing.

Registered
I received the same when I tried. After a bit of discussion I told the person I was less than thrilled so far with my VW experience and eventually the trial started with no CC. I am also less than thrilled with car net vs. Onstar and I wont be continuing.

With all the issues they have had with the 2018/19 model years, you would think VW would update our systems and give us at least 2 years of service. But you are right. I personally despise GM products but daughter had a little Korean Buick Encore that had it and she loved being able to remote the car. But giving us 2018/19 owners the SAME lame options w/o upgrading us to 2.0, just isn't worth it.

Next question.. Has anyone gotten a dealer to update their system to the 2.0 and got the remote start to work? Or have I missed something?

Registered
With all the issues they have had with the 2018/19 model years, you would think VW would update our systems and give us at least 2 years of service. But you are right. I personally despise GM products but daughter had a little Korean Buick Encore that had it and she loved being able to remote the car. But giving us 2018/19 owners the SAME lame options w/o upgrading us to 2.0, just isn't worth it.

Next question.. Has anyone gotten a dealer to update their system to the 2.0 and got the remote start to work? Or have I missed something?
I tried setting up the car net for the 6 month free trial and was told I could begin without a cc (they would send me a bill) however the lady claimed I started my free trial on Nov 6, which was about 1 day after I purchased the car. I tried explaining that I did not have an account number that the app was prompting me to input but I was told they could not give out my account number for security reasons. Eventually it took too much time and I gave up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts