Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I never activated the in car wifi for the trial after purchasing new. My first beef is that it is Verizon. So I finally went to the CarNet site, and purchased the 20 unlimited plan for my wife's car. Attache to the incarnation wifi, and no devices have access to the internet. They are assigned an IP from the hotspot (router), but the router is not provisioned for internet access. Have called both carnet as well as Verizon. They just point the fingers at one another. I have never spoken with such a non-technical group as the carnet advisors. Not sure what the solution is, but they did tell me they are now directing people to provision the Atlas directly with Verizon, and not to use the VW portal to sign up since there is a problem with pass through provisioning of devices on the Verizon network. So then why not just redirect on the website to Verizon. What a bunch of assclowns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you find a resolution or have any insight you could give? Dealing with the same thing. Annoyed.

So I never activated the in car wifi for the trial after purchasing new. My first beef is that it is Verizon. So I finally went to the CarNet site, and purchased the 20 unlimited plan for my wife's car. Attache to the incarnation wifi, and no devices have access to the internet. They are assigned an IP from the hotspot (router), but the router is not provisioned for internet access. Have called both carnet as well as Verizon. They just point the fingers at one another. I have never spoken with such a non-technical group as the carnet advisors. Not sure what the solution is, but they did tell me they are now directing people to provision the Atlas directly with Verizon, and not to use the VW portal to sign up since there is a problem with pass through provisioning of devices on the Verizon network. So then why not just redirect on the website to Verizon. What a bunch of assclowns.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you find a resolution or have any insight you could give? Dealing with the same thing. Very annoying
Kind of. I was so annoyed with Verizon because they kept transferring me to random places (apparently the customer service folk don’t know that cars Can have WiFi services) I told them to just cancel my account.

A day or so after my account was canceled, the wifi starred working all by itself. So I don’t know what happened,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kind of. I was so annoyed with Verizon because they kept transferring me to random places (apparently the customer service folk don’t know that cars Can have WiFi services) I told them to just cancel my account.

A day or so after my account was canceled, the wifi starred working all by itself. So I don’t know what happened,
Gotcha. Thanks for letting me know. I’ve kind of wondered if cancelling it and maybe signing back up for it would do the trick. But I may cancel it too just to see if that makes it start working. Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts