Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2021 Atlas R-Line just failed on me this morning. Tried both keys but It wont start, only message i got on the dash is “key not detected...” Anyone experienced this problem? Is it the car battery or keys?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've only seen that if the key was buried in my left coat pocket under my gloves....or not in the front seat with me. I think my keyfob battery might be getting weak. I'd try the battery in the key fob first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out its the car battery, I charged it for a few hours and everything works now. Seems a number of owners have reported about the defected battery

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
The manual walks you through this - you just need to put the fob against the steering column sensor (where a normal key would be used to start a car) - your fob is dead. $5 and 5 min. The manual shows you to change the battery. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried that too but didn’t work, car and remotes are only 1.5 month old.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem with the Passat GT after 4-6 times in the shop and a VW tech was flown in and nothing, I had to get a lawyer and do a Lemon Law buyback on it also I did try to work it out with VW of America and kept getting rejected so that’s when I did it . Hopefully this isn’t ur case though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Turns out its the car battery, I charged it for a few hours and everything works now. Seems a number of owners have reported about the defected battery
VW replaced my 2018 Atlas (purchased Aug 17) battery in early '18. You'd think they'd have that problem figured out by now..?

·
Registered
2021 Atlas SEL
6 Posts
I've been having this problem often with my 2021 Atlas SEL Premium! However, I just placed the fob at the steering column where an actual ignition would be and it then detects it. After reading everyones experiences I'm going to change the fob battery and see if that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts