Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
354 Posts
Don't forget the easiest option....just get used to it/adapt. Just about every car has/will have this now - it's not that big of a deal, I don't even notice it anymore.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hear you.
The more accustomed I get to the Atlas, the more routine hitting start followed by pressing the start/stop disable will become.However, I believe it is a safety issue. The start/stop should be disabled on start and the driver can decide if he or she wants to use the feature. The extra few seconds it takes to start the Atlas and move out of danger could mean the difference between moving out of the way of a potential collision or not. The lawyers will undoubtedly have a field day with this!
I am going to try to reset the voltage parameter and test it out. I have only used my OBDII scanner to look for error codes, I am not sure if it will work to change parameters, but I will see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is something that I learned that may solve this issue (even though I have not personally tried it my self.)

I was at the dealer this past weekend to test drive an Atlas and this topic came up. The VW agent told me that he read that when towing with the Atlas, the Auto Start/off is automatically disabled.

So his suggestion is if you can connect something to the tow connection (maybe one of those stop lights) to trick the Atlas to think you are towing, this may be a way to permanently disable this feature.

Can some one verify that this works?
So a quick easy way to do this is to purchase a LED hitch tail light. Install the tail light and the Atlas will think it is towing at all times. Now for the negative, when it is in towing mode, it will disable two other features, Blind Spot Monitoring and Reverse Camera Guidance (your camera still comes on but you lose the lines dictating distance and wheelpath). It does kill Auto Start/Stop though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I read that the new VW's will have included or offer ($) an adapter so that the stop/start feature will reflect the last time used. The article said that VW will make these changes to accommodate customer feedback received. So, you can opt to use it or not without pressing the button every time. However, I called the dealership and was told that they were not aware.

·
Super Moderator
354 Posts
I read that the new VW's will have included or offer ($) an adapter so that the stop/start feature will reflect the last time used. The article said that VW will make these changes to accommodate customer feedback received. So, you can opt to use it or not without pressing the button every time. However, I called the dealership and was told that they were not aware.
Where did you read that?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where did you read that?
I don't remember as I did a lot of surfing yesterday and since I use Mozilla I don;t have any history to look back on. I tried but could not find the article. It was an article about the new 2021 Atlas.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts