Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noticed that my note10+ charges relatively quickly when connected to aa so measured the draw and pleasantly surprised it was drawing 1.5a from the port. most cars will only allow .5amp such as my genesis so usually charge very slowly if at all when using aa.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's a good information to know! Now I am a bit envious that the 2021 Atlases have the wireless charging.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wireless charging can be easily added using something like this

·
Registered
5 Posts
noticed that my note10+ charges relatively quickly when connected to aa so measured the draw and pleasantly surprised it was drawing 1.5a from the port. most cars will only allow .5amp such as my genesis so usually charge very slowly if at all when using aa.

View attachment 1410
Do you know if the USB ports power turn's off after a certain amount of time after turning off car?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know if the USB ports power turn's off after a certain amount of time after turning off car?
yes it will ...same as 12v socket.

from manual:

12 Volt socket
The 12 Volt socket works only when the ignition is switched on.

If the ignition is on but the engine is not running, the vehicle battery will be drained by any device that is plugged in and turned on. For this reason, never use the electrical sockets unless the engine is running.

To help prevent damage from voltage fluctuations, switch off all electrical devices connected to a 12 Volt socket before switching the ignition on or off or starting the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts