Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you get it fixed? My 2021.5 CS SEL R has the same noise, started at 9k miles and still with us at 12k.
My wife has a 2021 CS SEL, brakes started making noise about 1 month ago. This is the first winter we've had it, started as it got cold, worse when it rained. We had similar issues out of all Jeeps we've previously had. It's typically caused by dust and dirt build up, tends to go away before we get out of our neighborhood. If it gets real annoying, I used to take my air compressor and just blow and clean off the brake at night, or in the morning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just bought my daughter a 2021 Atlas the car has 11k miles and when you apply brakes it started squealing. Took it to the dealership it is an issue with the material on the brake pads, they no longer use the previous manufacture. We had to pay $600 for new brake pads as it’s not a safety issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just bought my daughter a 2021 Atlas the car has 11k miles and when you apply brakes it started squealing. Took it to the dealership it is an issue with the material on the brake pads, they no longer use the previous manufacture. We had to pay $600 for new brake pads as it’s not a safety issue.
You had to pay out of pocket for them to fix the issue on a brand new car you purchased? That does not seem right. Did the issue get resolved?

·
Registered
2 Posts
You had to pay out of pocket for them to fix the issue on a brand new car you purchased? That does not seem right. Did the issue get resolved?
The issue was resolved once we changed out the front brake pads. The cost was $630.00 but at least the noise has stopped. Unfortunate that VW took no responsibility other than to say they were aware of It but it was not a safety issue.

·
Super Moderator
1,308 Posts
Brakes are almost never covered as they are a wear part - it's not suprising to hear that like it or not. A set of $75 Centri Posi-Quiet pads from Rockauto and an hour of your time to DIY with a 13mm wrench is about all it takes (obviously a jack and the ability to remove the wheel). Again...brakes are just one of those things that rarely will see warranty coverage for any brand....but you can always try! The pad compound on the VWs can be noisy when they get wet/moist on the first drive of the day.....mine will groan loudly after washing as I back out of my driveway..there really isn't anything wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts