Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you replaced your brake pads with aftermarket ones and have gotten better performance and feel or is OEM the best for that. My top priorities are comfort, and braking performance. I’m currently at 26,000 miles and the front pads are grinding bad, metal to metal. My wife brakes very hard, and combined with the soft compound, and it being a heavy vehicle I’m not surprised. I don’t mind having to clean the insane amount of brake dust, or replacing them this often if it means we’re getting what we want out of them in return. I’ve been very happy with how they feel and perform day to day. although if there’s an aftermarket pad that performs just as well, lasts longer, and creates less dust I’ll be more than happy to try it. Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you dig on YouTube, you can find a video comparing various aftermarket brake pads to OEM. Astonishingly (to me at least, who's spent his entire life buying from Checker Auto, Autozone, O'Reilly Auto, etc.), the OEM outperformed in every category. I'm not sure this is always the case for every manufacturer and model, but for VW? I believe it.

·
Super Moderator
1,226 Posts
Unless you are looking to track the vehicle, no reason to move to a more aggressive compound that will just be dustier. I currently have the Centric Posi-Quiet up front, very good daily stoppers with nearly zero dust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts