Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Atlas - Original owner. For the past 3 years, every once in a while (maybe twice a year) I would be driving under 30mph and would get a warning on my dashboard that would say "Brake Booster Faulty", in addition the "Brake" light would illuminate and my brakes would become spongy and harder to engage. Each time, it would be brought to VW where it could not be duplicated and they would not find the cause. However last week (@40,000miles) it happened 7 times while on a day trip. We brought it to VW that night (we had pictures of the warning light) and it happened for them also. It has now been at the dealership for one week. They have tried numerous fixes (communication system, control box, etc) but have not been able to fix it. Anyone have similar experience? The dealership is saying that they are working with VW engineers on the issue. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
2018 Atlas - Original owner. For the past 3 years, every once in a while (maybe twice a year) I would be driving under 30mph and would get a warning on my dashboard that would say "Brake Booster Faulty", in addition the "Brake" light would illuminate and my brakes would become spongy and harder to engage. Each time, it would be brought to VW where it could not be duplicated and they would not find the cause. However last week (@40,000miles) it happened 7 times while on a day trip. We brought it to VW that night (we had pictures of the warning light) and it happened for them also. It has now been at the dealership for one week. They have tried numerous fixes (communication system, control box, etc) but have not been able to fix it. Anyone have similar experience? The dealership is saying that they are working with VW engineers on the issue. Thank you
any resolution? My 2019 Atlas is doing this now and it’s currently at the VW dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here. 8 times today and I have video. I hope a fix has been found. Unfortunately, my dealer can’t get to my VW until the end of July and no loaners are available.
For ours they swapped out the brake booster sensor and re wired the connector and we haven't had the issue in a few weeks. Fingers crossed that we are good to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here. 8 times today and I have video. I hope a fix has been found. Unfortunately, my dealer can’t get to my VW until the end of July and no loaners are available.
don't forget to report a safety issue with the NHTSA so that VW is forced to have a recall so they can fix the issue for others before it causes real problems: Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA

·
Super Moderator
1,226 Posts
Scary is driving a 1965 Chevy with drum brakes all around and on power booster. Are these brakes failing/or having pedal/brake feel issues or just a error message?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts