Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks!

I just purchased a used 2018 Atlas SE 4Motion. So far, I’m loving it! I have a question regarding the blind spot feature. In every other vehicle I’ve seen with this feature, if you turn on the blinker while the blind spot sensor is on, an audible beep will occur as well as the indicator on the mirror blinking. On the Atlas, it only appears to blink with no audible alert. I checked in the settings and it appears that there is no option to turn audio alerts on/off for blind spot. The only option i found was to turn the entire option on/off. Is this simply the only way it works?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't think Atlas supports audio warnings with blind spot indicators. I bought mine 3 months back and so far can't see any where this setting is available.

·
Registered
111 Posts
No sound. I have also noticed that when I gave a signal the blind spot was flashing and the steering started to shake. I was not expecting that. So I tried it again and it did the same. Never had to depend on it as I am still used to locking over to make sure regardless. I think it is a bit too sensitive as I know that I could have made my lane change safely and for my if it had the sound it would for sure drive me crazy and would need to find a way to silence it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2019 Atlas. Just picked it up this week. Also have a 2011 Town&Country with all this tech (warning) stuff. Now, it dings like crazy if you try to change lanes and there's something solid on that side. The VW will just light up it's little icon on the side mirrors and if "stay between the lines" mode is on, the steering wheel will vibrate. Try to overrule the warning and it will vibrate more. Tested it out on a un-suspecting driver yesterday and it reminded me of those driving wheels for the kids gaming system (Grand Tursmo sic?) Would rather have a pleasant chime or a "What the Fudge are you doing" warning. I'll hold my bashing for the likes/dislikes page. This is my 4th VW. (81, 84 Jetta, 2013 Passat TDi now the Atlas).

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife would really like this feature as well. She had it on her 16 Kia Sorento. It was one of the first things she noticed when driving the Atlas. It seems like it would be an easy firmware update. Please send this request to VW, maybe if they hear from enough of us they will make it available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our 2016 Toyota Sienna XLE had BSM and they did NOT have any audible alert. We test drove a 2019 Toyota Highlander and it would beep at you every time you crossed a line on the road, the sales guy was quick to tell us how to turn it off. However after comparing all the features, we went with the Atlas. =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts