Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I discovered yesterday that the blind spot detection and lane assist on my 2018 VW Atlas are not working. Error message says "feature not available", or something like that.

I am petrified - electronic gremlins on a first year model. Love my Atlas, hoping it's not a major issue! Taking it to the dealer 12/04/2018.

Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Blind Spot Detection - follow up

So, I took my Atlas today to the dealership to diagnose and fix the blind spot issue thinking it will be a simple fix. 5 hours later, the Service Advisor called and I cringed while I listened. He said, "we are going to keep the Atlas overnight. We have to tear it down to get to the modules under the dash..."

TEAR IT DOWN! Needless to say, not the words I wanted to hear. He could've used better words like "we are about to rip it apart to shreds..."

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst, the scare factor is at a 7 right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blind Spot Detection - follow up

Ok, got a call today at 10:00am EST. Atlas is ready for pick up. As it turns out, the Service Advisor who scared me to death was off - thank God.

The Atlas was not torn down. The tech corrected the coding of the control module and completed 2 unrelated software updates. I love my Atlas again!

Atlas is operating flawlessly...

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2019 Atlas SE V6 4Motion with Tech has an intermittent passenger side blind spot warning problem. The larger the vehicle the less likely the light will come on. 90% of the time the Blind Spot warning light will not turn on in the right mirror for pickups, cars pulling trailers, and that highway nemesis 18 wheelers! Anyone have a thought?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts