Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to black out the chrome strip between the taillights on the back of the Atlas - anyone done this and have any feedback (+ photos)? I have vinyl I was going to use for part of my front grill, but given the lettering - thinking plastidip might be the easier way to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can take the lettering off pretty easily. Then the world is your oyster.
Good point, I hadn't thought of that but that'll make things easier. Are they just glued on so a little heat gun I presume would do the trick?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah they are just glued on, no holes under them. Just use minimal heat so you don't wrinkle the chrome. I use a little heat and a piece of fishing line to cut the adhesive, then an eraser wheel to take off the remaining glue (again as little pressure/heat as possible to not damage the chrome).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah they are just glued on, no holes under them. Just use minimal heat so you don't wrinkle the chrome. I use a little heat and a piece of fishing line to cut the adhesive, then an eraser wheel to take off the remaining glue (again as little pressure/heat as possible to not damage the chrome).
Thanks for the tip. I'll post some photos once I get it wrapped up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Planning to black out the chrome strip between the taillights on the back of the Atlas - anyone done this and have any feedback (+ photos)? I have vinyl I was going to use for part of my front grill, but given the lettering - thinking plastidip might be the easier way to go.
You can take off the "ATLAS" badge on chrome strip very easily. Then "wrap" strip. look up DE-BADGE on line

1 - 6 of 6 Posts