Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Purchased the 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SEL Premium in April 2019. I had my car serviced for an oil change at my local shop and they noticed other oil leaking. Brought it to the dealership and they had to replace the bevel box. I also notified them of a shudder when accelerating, that happens from 15-20 mph then goes away. They have not been able to repair the 15 mph shudder stating it is a characteristic they are working on through software. While in I notified them of the grinding/screeching noise while accelerating at low gears. They told me that this is ok and Safe, not to worry and they are working on a fix. I’m also experiencing the wipers giving 2 to 6 wipes while the wipers are in the off position. Again they are saying it is a characteristic that they are working on. This was after they told me it should go on, while in the off position, if the sensors notice change in lighting or rain is present. I’m pretty sure that is what the next notch up on intermittent is for. Most recent was, in January 2020, my check engine light going on and found out they had to replace the catalytic converter. All of these items they had never seen or heard of prior to my incidents, until I got them talking and it is not isolated. Simply amazing how untrustworthy these people are! I will be contacting VW on Monday to see where we go from here.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Where I would go is to another dealer. Having problems isn't the issue....but them saying they don't know about an issue or that something is normal when it isn't....that's a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The person at the dealership is no longer my acct rep. I am now dealing with the service mgr and they have escalated, calling in region techs and such. Still calling VW on Monday as this whole situation is unacceptable!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would second trying another dealer if it is convenient for you....... But these problems are going to exist and need addressed no matter where you take your car. The joys of owning an Atlas.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The grinding noise isn't going to go away or get fixed. That's one you'll have to live with it seems.
The wipers they should be able to fix, that's not normal. Stay on them.
The Cat going bad...unusual but not unheard of...but they need to figure out WHY and fix the underlying cause of its failure not just replace it. Cat's shouldn't go bad that fast. Something must have fouled it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Cat going bad...unusual but not unheard of...but they need to figure out WHY and fix the underlying cause of its failure not just replace it. Cat's shouldn't go bad that fast. Something must have fouled it.
[/QUOTE]

There are some major issues with the atlas that I feel as a consumer should be addressed by corporate ASAP. CATS, head gaskets, suspension issues, etc.... are very big deals and very expensive repairs. For these things to be so “common” is concerning and so far VW isn’t doing anything except giving Atlas owners the run around. VW knows about the numerous issues I have mentioned above as the regional rep and service dept has also agreed they deal with more atlas owners than any other model.
Not lobbying for every issue being a buyback situation but VW is truly earning that shady reputation they are trying to rid themselves of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Purchased the 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SEL Premium in April 2019. I had my car serviced for an oil change at my local shop and they noticed other oil leaking. Brought it to the dealership and they had to replace the bevel box. I also notified them of a shudder when accelerating, that happens from 15-20 mph then goes away. They have not been able to repair the 15 mph shudder stating it is a characteristic they are working on through software. While in I notified them of the grinding/screeching noise while accelerating at low gears. They told me that this is ok and Safe, not to worry and they are working on a fix. I’m also experiencing the wipers giving 2 to 6 wipes while the wipers are in the off position. Again they are saying it is a characteristic that they are working on. This was after they told me it should go on, while in the off position, if the sensors notice change in lighting or rain is present. I’m pretty sure that is what the next notch up on intermittent is for. Most recent was, in January 2020, my check engine light going on and found out they had to replace the catalytic converter. All of these items they had never seen or heard of prior to my incidents, until I got them talking and it is not isolated. Simply amazing how untrustworthy these people are! I will be contacting VW on Monday to see where we go from here.
UPDATE:
I called VW Customer Care and they asked me to take it to another dealership for them to inspect my Atlas. The latest is they have replaced my wiper module and car battery. They have stated the shudder is a “characteristic” of the Atlas model. They loaned me a Tiguan and had the same shudder issue. Seems VW has a major issue with their engineering and cars! Now to wait and see if any issues come back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts