Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered an Atlas Highline Black with Shetland Leather here in Nova Scotia, Canada two weeks ago. I am replacing a 2013 Honda CRV which I find too small and basic. Hopefully take delivery in the next week or so. I owned a 2004 Jetta Wagon that I loved to drive so this will be my second VW. Hoping to love it too!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just Arrived!

Just picked up my Atlas Highline. Left the dealership with 20Km on the odometer and drove for 20 minutes through city traffic, then 30 minutes on a main highway followed by another 30 min of country roads before arriving home. I traveled 120 km on snowy/slushy roads (with snow tires) and averaged 11.0 L/100 Km (21.3 MPG) for my first trip. That doesn't seem so bad. (And whoops, I had the air conditioning on the entire way)

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
The auto setting will often turn the a/c on when you first start it, even when cold. Probably to dry the air and assist with the defrosting. You'll get used to turning it off. The mileage sounds about right.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just picked up my Atlas Highline. Left the dealership with 20Km on the odometer and drove for 20 minutes through city traffic, then 30 minutes on a main highway followed by another 30 min of country roads before arriving home. I traveled 120 km on snowy/slushy roads (with snow tires) and averaged 11.0 L/100 Km (21.3 MPG) for my first trip. That doesn't seem so bad. (And whoops, I had the air conditioning on the entire way)
Congrats.
Not bad at all and as you break it in odds are the range will improve or just flatline to a point you know what to expect for the rest of the vehicles life.
Coming from big V8's the Atlas MPG whatever it will be in my personal experience is a major step forward. Sure beats having mid-10's :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts