Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched through the manual and the settings and can not find an answer to this anywhere!?
Once I place my Atlas into park the doors unlock. I don't want this to happen, as I'd rather unlock when I am ready. I figured this would be easy to find a solution as it seemsto me to be a safety concern for people, but again, I do not see anything about it?
Thank you :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. Do you mean every VW? Our Buick has many more options within the settings then I see with the Atlas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That bothers me too. The limitations they put on some of the settings on the Atlas especially the locks. I still can not figure out why they have the locks engage once you are rolling. Why not lock when you put the car in gear? I have owned Honda's and I could change the locks to stay locked when placed in park and also the locks engage when placed in gear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It really doesn't make sense....so is it correct that there is no setting available to stop the car from unlocking on its own that you know of?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have searched through the manual and the settings and can not find an answer to this anywhere!?
Once I place my Atlas into park the doors unlock. I don't want this to happen, as I'd rather unlock when I am ready. I figured this would be easy to find a solution as it seemsto me to be a safety concern for people, but again, I do not see anything about it?
Thank you :)
Did you try to change the settings in the MFD under the CONVENIENCE, CENTRAL LOCKING feature(s)? To be honest, I don't recall if my Atlas unlocks or stays locked till I open the door when I put it in PARK. I do know for a fact by default, my 2011 Chrysler minivan and 09 Jeep do not auto unlock till I pull the door handle. IMO, this is a SECURITY issue and should not unlock by default till the operator or passenger pulls the door handle. But poking around a few times that I did, I seem to recall being able to turn on or off the central locking system. Heck, in my minivan, you can set it where ONLY the driver door will unlock when getting IN the van (My jeep is the same way but you can't change that. You have to press the UNLOCK button twice on the fob to unlock ALL the doors).

This might help point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked over and over again, but I do not see any options for stopping it from automatically opening. It baffles me compared to every other vehicle I've owned...they all had options there clear as day

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
Thanks, but I have no clue what that means🤔😁
google-ate me this Batman..hahahahah

Just scanning tools for the VW that allow changes to the system for small adjustments like this that are "hidden" - do some searching, huge support in the DIIY-verse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
👍 thanks
@Memphis VW not sure if you found anything with coding, but if I remember correctly from manual the door lock system reverts back to what it was when placed in park. So if the doors were locked automatically by the car when you started driving, it unlocks when you park. If you manually locked doors before driving, it will remain locked when put in park. I am not a fan of this either because I never think to manually lock before I start driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts