Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to stop the Atlas from automatically turning the engine off to preserve the battery? I'm not talking about start/stop, but when I park sometimes, and just sitting in the car waiting for whatever.....it shuts off the engine completely.
This is very frustrating and I am praying there is a solution as I cant find any info on it. Thanks for any assistance!

·
Super Moderator
574 Posts
Is there a way to stop the Atlas from automatically turning the engine off to preserve the battery? I'm not talking about start/stop, but when I park sometimes, and just sitting in the car waiting for whatever.....it shuts off the engine completely.
This is very frustrating and I am praying there is a solution as I cant find any info on it. Thanks for any assistance!
Just hit the button to turn it off before you put in Park.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So does this turn off auto shut down when at a light? That drives me crazy too and think in 4 years a new starter or something would have to be replaced.

And if it does, do you have to press that button each time you start car, say next day, or is this setting in "memory"? Thanks for that. Still figuring out which Atlas vehicle to get.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So does this turn off auto shut down when at a light? That drives me crazy too and think in 4 years a new starter or something would have to be replaced.

And if it does, do you have to press that button each time you start car, say next day, or is this setting in "memory"? Thanks for that. Still figuring out which Atlas vehicle to get.
I believe you have to shut it off every time you drive it. there are also permissive that have to be met before this function operates ( ambient temp as one example)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts