Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving about 20 mph and my daughter was able to open the back door from her car seat. Thank god my husband was in the back seat with her. I then manually locked it and he was able to open his side with the car moving. How do I get doors to stay locked while the car is in drive? Shouldn’t they automatically lock? I couldn’t find a setting anywhere. The manual said look in the infotainment book and the infotainment book said look in the manual. Help!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
You can always open car doors from the inside when they are locked. In the rear, the only way to prevent that is with a child lock. Not sure here.....go try in another car...it will be the same. How scary to not be able to open the door from the inside when it's locked...holy crap...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was driving about 20 mph and my daughter was able to open the back door from her car seat. Thank god my husband was in the back seat with her. I then manually locked it and he was able to open his side with the car moving. How do I get doors to stay locked while the car is in drive? Shouldn’t they automatically lock? I couldn’t find a setting anywhere. The manual said look in the infotainment book and the infotainment book said look in the manual. Help!!!!!
Found this on the online Owner's Manual . . .

Owner's manual
Owner's Manual
Edition: 01.2019
ID: 3CN012723BE

Child safety lock

Fig. 62 In the rear driver side door: Child safety lock Ⓐ deactivated, Ⓑ activated.

Fig. 63 In the rear passenger side door: Child safety lock Ⓐ deactivated, Ⓑ activated.
Read and follow the introductory information and safety information firstIntroduction to the subject
Slot position ⇒ Fig. 62  or ⇒ Fig. 63 :
  1. Child safety lock deactivated.
  2. Child safety lock activated.
The child safety lock keeps the rear doors from being opened from the inside, so that children cannot open them accidentally.
When the child safety lock is activated, the rear doors can only be opened from the outside.
Activating or deactivating the child safety lock
  • Unlock the vehicle and open the respective rear door.
  • Using the key bit, move the slot into the desired position.
Also, I'm driving a loaner car while mine's in the shop and it doesn't have a manual so I took a picture of the rear right back door. The upper black circle on the left of the photo has a symbol of a lock with a slot that appears will allow it to be turned. Not sure, but thats probably the way to lock the door so it can't be opened from the inside.

1591242784466.png

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am not a fan of the child locks. In an emergency you might want to open the door from the inside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts