Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the VW site, I was told how to use this feature but isn't working. Were all models equipped with this feature? Does it need to be enabled? Maybe I am doing it wrong? I have a 2019 SE w/Tech.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
118 Posts
Even with the tech, good luck in getting it to work evey time. I was screwing around this past weekend in the garage and I just happen to stick my foot under the hitch, **** thing opened right up. Tried it 4 more times after that, it didn't open. Owned the car since July 2019, that would the the 2nd time I have gotten it to open using that feature. Even the salesman got it to work ONCE but after that, it didn't function. I would use the word "temperamental" but that would be giving it too much credit. Maybe I need a wider foot or something. :unsure:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I hear its a very specific move that opens it. Has to be a quicker kick under hatch area. What model do you have? SEL?

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
Also will say, I have read of some having a faulty sensor needing to be replaced however, sounds like most folks that are struggling are dealing with a technique issue.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not sure how far you need to step back but there doesn't seem to be a standard. I think I was moving like 6ft away from the rear bumper sensors assuming they activate to ensure nothing is behind you. There should sensors in the DOOR itself IMO. So, if your car is parked in the garage, you accidentally (like no one will ever do that) trip the rear hatch button (almost have to) and the door tries to open, being blocked by the garage door. It's happened to my mini van a couple times. I got the big scratches to prove it! :mad:

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's really just a good step back. You can stand close enough that the hatch will actually still hit you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know how I would even know if I have this feature??? Don't remember seeing it on the sticker. Was it model specific?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts