Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Atlas Cross Over SEL Premium 3.6L
15 Posts
Static issue solved.
I took my CS SEL Premium with Fender radio to two dealerships for help with this issue and Dealer #2 solved the problem within an hour. I had an appt. at the selling Dealer #1 for 2 weeks and when I arrived I was told they would try to investigate within 2-3 days! The would most likely have to pull the radio and drop the headliner to check antenna connects etc. I left immediately with such a vague expectation of when they would begin to analyze what's what. They did offer me a loaner car when I pressed them.
Dealer #2 got me within 8 business days and welcomed my visit with assurance they would inspect and do their very best to solve the mystery. I waited in a modest waiting room and within the hour was presented with a clean washed car and announcement they had found the issue. The previous selling dealer did a less than satisfactory setup of a new vehicle in the prep process and did not do a reset of codes vs what comes from the factory. Dealer #2 had not encountered such a radio problem before, but their process of inspection identified the conflict and the fix was on.
I must say the service manager of #2 is a mature experienced gentleman who is able to provide good service from a great tech team and was sincerely intending to solve the problem. The service manager of #1 was a flip mid thirties man with a bad attitude and thought he could bluff his was through. My sales guy at Dealer #1 was embarrassed, to say the least, with their service department failure
The service department counts when considering where to purchase an automobile. Price is important, but the service department reputation should be considered, as well. I learned that lesson first hand.
Thx,
Tom A
Cincinnati, Ohio
Well, the fix described above has faded and the static is back on the AM band just as annoying as in the beginning. I have a date of July 12 to address this issue with dealer #2, as the service manager is anxious to dig further. He has had three other Atlas Cross Sport cars with static issues. He told me turning off the HD AM radio setting should solve the problem but no luck. I will report in after the July 12 efforts.

Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my 2021 Atlas Cross Sport SEL Premium R line is literary 4 day old and I had the same problem today with the radio going out. Did any find out the cause? Otherwise, I love this car so far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2021 SEL Premium has the Fender sound system. I have experienced lockup’s, but my main issue is heavy static on the AM band. I like talk radio and Cincinnati Reds B-ball. My dealer tells me the latest radios do not have AM band. That would be a deal breaker for this driver.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wonder if VW listens to this forum and others to hear the bugs that are happening. After their snafu cheating on mpg ratings, you’d think they would have their ear to the ground.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have had a 2021 Atlas Premiun R Line for about 2 months and we have had issues with the audio system output loading (radio won't play mostly, can't speak or hear calls, nav won't load) but everything shows up on the screen. When this happens I have been holding the power button in for 10 seconds or so and it will fix the problem but today it wouldn't work and I had no radio or couldn't talk or hear calls. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what's the fix?
Same thing just happened to me we have 2021 Vw atlas premium r line for 1 month and this happen with engine light on that one have do with N80 Valve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay… I also created an account just to post about this and I need to know what VW has offered you or what your dealers have offered you as compensation for this mess?! I am NOT okay with spending the amount I have on this 2021 Atlas RLine to be driving it around indefinitely until they figure out a software fix for it.
I had it for 6 days until the radio randomly stopped working and volume dial appeared to be frozen in place. In the same day it worked on and off. The entire info entertainment system blacked out while driving and rebooted… that was interesting. Then I noticed it also affected Bluetooth, I am having calls dropped and the display doesn’t seem to be working For that either. Anywho, brought it it and was told there is nothing that can be done until the software update is completed by manufacturers to fix the glitch. No ETA, no compensation, nothing. I am beyond frustrated that I would be sold a car and this potential glitch is a known issue. Calling VW head office was not anymore help, but I have demanded that my case be escalated or I will be demanding that they return my vehicle if it isn’t repaired in a reasonable timeframe. What gets me is that they can’t say when a solution will be offered. Ridiculous.
I have a 2021 SE TECH ATLAS with the radio module issue also. I have no clue why it works when you buy it and drive off the lot and then a week or so later it starts having issues 😩
I have had mine in 4-5 times with little luck. This past Saturday I had an appointment to get in a new module. Was even told I may be one of the first people in the country to get it. I was excited, yet holding my breath. And for good reason… not more than 48hrs later while using my CarPlay the screen went completely black.
Also it just acts possessed!! Navigation is no longer an option on the instrument panel and the compass option on the instrument panel was taken off also. Now I have another appointment Saturday so they can open a ticket to help my cause should I do the buy back option. I have been taking pictures and videos of all of my issues.
What on earth is VW DOING .. so frustrating

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 21.5 SE Tech R-Line. Infotainment turns off when I receive a call and then freezes all together. Using wireless CarPlay when this happens. Did the F5 module fix the issue?
The new F5 module is crap also! I just got the newest version installed last weekend and it had new fun issues within 48hrs. Seems VW is just putting bandaids on this issue, but the problem is it’s hemorrhaging

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchase a 2021 Atlas Cross Sport SEL Premium one month ago. I’m so glad I found this forum because I thought it was crazy. About four times now I’ve had absolutely no volume on my audio. I messed around think it was my Bluetooth connection or other things. I tried all the combinations. Including shutting the car off and turning it back on several times. It seems that once I turn the car off and let it sit for about 30 minutes and I’ll come out and it will start up fine. One Day it wasn’t working and all of a sudden the screen went blank, I look like it did a reboot with the fender emblem. But now it’s still doing it. And of course it hasn’t happened with my husband. So everyone thinks I’m crazy. Including the dealership that I purchase from in North Carolina. Now I’m noticing in addition, that when I start the car up it goes right into settings. And the auto shut off is really not working as well. I’m very disappointed in this glitch in finding out that it’s a common problem. I have an appointment next week to be in the car in. I just spent $50,000 on a brand new car and a month later it’s in service for something like this. This will be an issue for me. Keep up the reporting. We need to put pressure on VW.
i’m very sad about it, I love the car, it’s so beautiful.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wonderful. Thank you for responding to me. I have an appointment on the 25 for my drivers door not being even with the rest of the car, then this audio crap started. I hope they don’t give me the run around too. Please keep us posted on what BW customer scared hoppers you. This could be a big problem for them. And on this thread it’s all 2021s
Your follow up and experience is valuable

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I’m new here. I bought a 21’ Premium SE RLine in May.

We started having the audio issues that most of you all are talking about not long after it’s purchase. When the radio is loading after starting up there is absolutely no sound through any input i.e. SXM, AM/FM, Bluetooth, CarPlay…I’ve had to do the power button trick at least 5 times since we’ve bought it. It sounds like the Module 5 replacement isn’t working now either?!

Also, the rear passager door, at the bottom right side, hits the front passenger at its bottom left when opening it. It looks like the door might be hung crooked. Anybody else have/had this problem?

Good Luck Everyone!

·
Registered
8 Posts
VW care just informed me that there is a new radio software that has been released this week . That will take cars of volume issue . I already made my appointment.
Thank goodness. Please for the love of god please keep us informed after your vehicle gets the update to see if it’s really true I scheduled my car they’re pretty old fashioned at my dealership cause they don not know what I am talking about but I guess I will have to show them upon arrival

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dealer updated my radio w/fix you mention and found my AM antenna inlaid within the glass of the rear window was faulty. New glass coming a couple of days. I sure hope this works and I can get back to AM talk radio and the Cincinnati REDS baseball.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, the fix described above has faded and the static is back on the AM band just as annoying as in the beginning. I have a date of July 12 to address this issue with dealer #2, as the service manager is anxious to dig further. He has had three other Atlas Cross Sport cars with static issues. He told me turning off the HD AM radio setting should solve the problem but no luck. I will report in after the July 12 efforts.

Tom
On the third visit to the dealer, it was determined by VW Headquarters my AM antenna (inlaid within the tailgate glass) was faulty. A new piece of glass is on order and to be installed in a couple of days. I sure hope this works. I miss AM talk radio and listening to the Cincinnati REDS.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello all. I just picked up my 2021 Atlas Cross Sport Premium yesterday from the VW dealer. They did a hard update, which I already did, and said everything is good. It seems okay now. But the Tech told me that he and several of his coworkers who purchased a 2021, all different models, are have Audio issues. VW customer care is aware of the issue and is telling them that a new update should be coming out. I asked if I will be notified, he’s said probably not that I will have to complain to VW Customer Care to get everything on record. So everyone, contact VW customer care with these issues to get them on the radar. The Tech said that this has been an issue since 2019. So ridiculous That it is an hour wait on hold to get through To customer care.
I would have never purchase this car with issues like this.. I should have researched it more.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts